Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: List your Hair Goals for 2019!

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: List your Hair Goals for 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    My goals:
    - wear my hair mostly up/contained
    - regular deep treatments
    - reach BSL
    - probably start microtrimming
    Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    I've been thinking about this a bit more, and the most important goal for me is: I'm gonna enjoy my hair!

I hope it'll grow, I'm gonna take good care of it, but I wanna feel my hair is something fun for me.
    So far... I'm enjoying my hair.

- Absolutely no microtrimming, I'm too lazy for that. I'll need a real trim soon, but we'll see....
    - I'm wearing my hair up quite a lot, I have purchased several hair toys this year and I enjoy using them
    - I use lots of conditioning products and masks every time I wash my hair, and I think it's paying off, even my bad ends are tolerable
    - If I'll reach BSL this year? I don't know yet, theoretically it should be possible, but even if I do, I really have to trim back...
    - I'm definitely having fun with my hair, I dyed my ends violet in March (if I remember correct), and I refresh the dye once in a while when I have energy.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Posted November 27th, 2018, 12:52 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    My hair condition and length are already at goal so I think my main 2019 goal would be to try to rotate hairstyles/placements, and toys on a daily basis
    I hadn't specified my length but I was at TBL and had actually surpassed my initial goal of WL when I joined.

Tonight I have cut back to WL and am just enjoying my hair.

I did in fact rotate my toys/styles as I had set out to tjis year....and still do....mission accomplished I'd say

Length
    3 inc/62 “/74”
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

My kids still enjoy me eating with them at school occasionally. When I see all the kids together I see so my Danny with way length and beyond lengths of hair.
    Lady Shannon
    Dragon Longhaired Knights
    Cairehre Mountains

Length
    sl/mbl/tb
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ladycaladium View Post
    Healthier hair throughout the year...hopefully getting the Hashimoto’s sorted so my hair thickens up or at least stops shedding so much!
    Well, the Hashimoto's is kinda of an unsorted issue (I have regular blood work and a yearly scan, but no meds for it). However, I've been addressing nutritional deficiencies and treating them, which seems to be helping my hair.
    -ladycaladium

so far from tailbone!

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    My hair goal for 2019 is pretty simple this year.

That is to leave it alone. Accept that it grows unevenly, accept that some lengths and stages look weird and other ones look better and just leave it alone. Also, do not cut in layers or try to give it a "shape".

I am in the 2019 no trim challenge for this year.

My goal is to reach BSL when wet by the end of the year.

Also, to do an oil treatment before washing at least once a week.
    I am so glad I checked in on this! It's been very hard to not cut but actually I have met all of these goals except for the oil treatment before washing. I don't think my hair likes that and I stopped doing that fairly soon after I started.

I have left my hair alone if you can believe it. I have not cut it, not put layers in it, not even cut my bangs that I am growing out. This has got to be some kind of a record! I am still in the no trim challenge. It's... October now, only about 3 more months. I can do it!

Also it was pretty neat reading everyone elses goals and seeing where they are now. What a good idea a yearly goal thread is.

Length
    Chin/MBL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hasse View Post
    Goals are good! I need structure, otherwise I'm doing way more to my hair then necessary. My goals for 2019 (more like general haircare rules, but ):
    - Grow to about APL (I don't know my growth rate.. so it will be exciting to find out if APL is doable)
    - Grow out my sideshave
    - No trims (or at the most one microtrim around the end of June)
    - Take regular length shots (at least once per season)
    - Stretch washes to once a week
    - Oil my ends regularly, at least before every wash
    - Find a hair routine that I can stick to
    - Use up my stash and don't buy anything new, I've got enough of everything laying around
    - Learn some go-to buns and braids
    - Wear my hair up every day, except on wash days
    Soooo, time to evaluate!

- I made it to APL, even with a lot of trims.
    - The sideshave is grown out at this point, yay!
    - I trimmed way too often and too much, but enjoyed it so
    - Took length shots about once each month or two.
    - Stretched washes to once a week for a while, but now I wash twice a week. This fits my schedule better.
    - Oiling can be improved, that's definately a thing for 2020.
    - Current routine: S&C, DT every week or few weeks and LCO without the oil (because I forget way too often xD)
    - I'm currently halfway through my stash so that's going well.
    - I still only have a few styles I use.
    - Wearing my hair up is becoming easier, so that's good.
    > Growing since 01-01-2018 <
    ChL - NL - SL- CBL- APL - MBL- BSL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - CL

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I plan to:

- Wear my hair up every day unless I have good reason not to (scalp pain, migraine, special occasion)
    - Minimise manipulation (wear protective styles, finger comb unless wearing down for special occasion, minimise tangles when washing)
    - Have regular microtrims
    - Continue to grow henna out and grow greys in
    - Keep up with ROO and weekly deep conditioning unless my hair dictates otherwise
    - Enjoy the journey!

It would be nice if my fringe and face framing bits were my natural colour by the end of the year, but it depends how much I have trimmed.
    I pretty much kept to my goals. Wearing my hair up is the norm for me now, and I had correctly identified the exceptions!

I tried enhancing the waves which didn’t exactly minimise manipulation, but it didn’t do any harm either. I just think my hair looks less stringy when it’s straighter, and I get tangles when I scrunch, so I’ve given up on that.

I developed a sensitivity to the deep conditioner and also realised that I need to be careful about how much protein I use, so I just do SMTs (with protein free conditioner) when I feel I need them/have time for them now.

I’ve continued with oil rinses, microtrims, and growing out the henna. The face framing pieces have a bit of henna left but it’s not really noticeable.

I generally don’t set yearly length goals, but I’ve just reached APL, so that’s a nice end point to the year

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    - Get to calf length
    - No trimming for some time (undecided so far, but likely first half of the year)
    - Start microtrimming my way to a more even hemline
    - Use up some of my conditioner stash!
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I think I need to add cleaning my mirror to my list of hair goals! That, and try to keep up with seasonal/3-monthly length (well, hemline) shots.

Edit: Oh, and buy fewer hairtoys or at least sell some I've kind of outgrown.
    - yep!
    - yep, whole year
    - haaahahaha nope
    - yes, definitely improvement

- yes, though it needs cleaning again. It's not as terrible as it was when I posted that above though
    - I've kept up with seasonal shots, a few days after the solstice to coincide with the halfway and end points of no-trimming challenges
    - er ... I think I sold some? Was that this year? I held off buying for the first part of the year and have been a bit lax the second part of the year. It doesn't feel too much though.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I only started in November but I made it to my goal of bottom-of-earlobes length by the end of December just like I'd hoped :'D
    And my hair is in super great condition. I couldn't ask for more!
    This was a good year, I hope 2020 will be just as good.
    Just trying to get by

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    - Get it as long as possible
    - Regular S&D
    - Learn new hairstyles
    - Variate my hairstyles more often
    -It is longer (mid thigh).
    -I've been quite good at S&D.
    -I've learnt new hairstyles.
    -I've been lazy sometimes, but definitely better than 2018, so I'd say that I've fullfilled this goal too

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights