Page 252 of 262 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2616

Thread: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Length
    BSL/WL/CL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Quote Originally Posted by Willowyn View Post
    Hi all - finally a moment to upload some pics and info. My hair is pure white in the front, with some gray at the back, and I normally have professional hair color to get it all to a champagne blonde. However, I haven't had professional hair color since January. I finally did a cassia blend treatment September 2nd and again this week. I'm very pleased. Subtle but helpful. The pics below will show before and after from September only, and I'll do a followup post with this week's. First, the technical stuff. September's plan:
    40G Henna Sooq Cassia
    10G Sarenrae
    25G Amla
    Dollop of Selkie
    Mixed it all up with some boiling distilled water - kept heated in a low Crockpot for 2hrs. Put the yummy-smelling glop into two squeeze bottles with the tops cut for easier distribution.
    Gloves on. Applied cheap conditioner plus a bit of hair oil to the bottom 1.3 of my hair - where it's had the most blond hair color over the years. Then applied the cassia blend. Did not try to section, but got the nozzle in really close and massaged it all in - especially back where I have gray. Plopped everything on top of my head and used three cheap plastic shower caps to cover my entire head (an early experiment left the sideburns out in the air and they didn't take - same for the nape). Put a fleece hat on top of the shower caps and let it sit for 2 hours. Knelt in front of the tub and dunked the length in a bucket of warm water while using a hand shower attachment to rinse from the nape. It came out easily, and I finished with some of the cheap conditioner. Overall messy but easy.
    Time for pics (Hope it works - let me know if they're too big or something!):

If things look a bit greenish for the indoor shots, it's the LED lighting in the mudroom. This time it didn't seem like my grays went green. The amla is a help.
    Your hair is absolutely gorgeous, both before and after! I hope my hair goes all white like this one day. It looks a bit straighter too. Do you think the cassia did that? I've heard people say cassia can have loosening effects, but I haven't seen that on my hair yet, though I don't do treatments very consistently.

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by valesprite View Post
    Your hair is absolutely gorgeous, both before and after! I hope my hair goes all white like this one day. It looks a bit straighter too. Do you think the cassia did that? I've heard people say cassia can have loosening effects, but I haven't seen that on my hair yet, though I don't do treatments very consistently.
    I actually read the opposite, that cassia is promoting curls. My hair doesn't get straighter after the treatment anyway.
    I did an experimental mix today consisting of 4 parts cassia, one part henna and 2 parts indigo. I have it in my hair right now. It will be interesting to see the results.
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I make a mixture of cassia yellow dock and ginger and some other herbs to cover my gray. Been doing this for years now. It does fade so once in a while I'll use box color on the roots.
    Current method: WCC ROO C LOC. trimming to TBL
    no SLS (but yes to SLES) Herbal rinses: catnip, fenugreek and just started using chagrin ACV rinse when needed scalp only to scalp happy (scalp prolly needs sls)

Length
    BSL/WL/CL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    I actually read the opposite, that cassia is promoting curls. My hair doesn't get straighter after the treatment anyway.
    I did an experimental mix today consisting of 4 parts cassia, one part henna and 2 parts indigo. I have it in my hair right now. It will be interesting to see the results.
    Huh, it was actually on my package of cassia from Henna Sooq that it said cassia can loosen curls. But when I used cassia a few years ago, it always seemed to enhance my waves. I'm starting up with it again, so we'll see what happens when I use it more consistently. Your mix certainly sounds interesting, I look forward to hearing what happens if you post it here

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

I’m curious to hear how it came out for you too Paulownia

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Thank you for the compliments, Valesprite! (And thank you to everyone earlier - I haven't been on LHC much these days. )It's been quite a while since I did this cassia treatment, and this spring after my bangs became all white, I opted to have my hairdresser do a foil with a neutral to tie in the white, the gray in the back, and the blond lengths. It worked so well (a subtle ombre effect) that I won't be doing either cassia or dye in a golden tone any more, and I'm OK with embracing my white. As for my waves - thanks for noticing - that's been such a surprise! My hair was board-straight most of my life, but it's been coming in wavy. It's been most noticeable with the hair that came in after my open heart surgery in February 2018. I hope others will continue to use cassia, and please post pictures. It's been fun!
    Last edited by Willowyn; November 4th, 2021 at 06:16 PM.

"Put down roots. Grow strong. Stay flexible."

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Huh, it was actually on my package of cassia from Henna Sooq that it said cassia can loosen curls. But when I used cassia a few years ago, it always seemed to enhance my waves. I'm starting up with it again, so we'll see what happens when I use it more consistently. Your mix certainly sounds interesting, I look forward to hearing what happens if you post it here
    I basically aim at cover my grey and achieve kind of dishwasher blonde, cool streaks. My hair is still very red from henna and the effects are not very visible.
    Thats how it looks in daylight

And in my bathroom mirror

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Your hair is such a pretty color. Do you think the indigo made a change in the color for you?

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jane99 View Post
    Your hair is such a pretty color. Do you think the indigo made a change in the color for you?
    Thank you I've been using indigo before many times in henndigo mixes and I find it pretty finicky. It does stick to hair but it also disappears fast and it's hard to make it work for gray hair.
    I have some left and I want to use it up but later on I plan to use only cassia with amla.

Length
    4/32/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Has anyone used Cassia on deep colored hair and had it change anything? I understand it won't lighten hair, but I didn't know if it gave a golden tint in sunlight similar to hennas red tint in the sun for dark hair.

I have been a hendigo head for a few years but am wanting to go back to my natural color but still get the strengthening impact of using henna without the color payoff.