Page 2452 of 2498 FirstFirst ... 14521952235224022442245024512452245324542462 ... LastLast
Results 24,511 to 24,520 of 24973

Thread: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Length
    Hip/CL+/Lazy
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Upside Down View Post
    Wellcome to those joining!

My hair is longer now, I didn’t go to the stulist since February (corona, yes). So actually I am not too happy about that, and would cut it back a bit. But then I realized, this is the time to try highlights in the bottom of my hair, because I will be cutting a lot of it anyway. I have wanted this for a while, you may have read, to add more silver into it somehow.
    After I have lifted some streaks, I will see if I want to do a blue shampoo or toner, to blend and reduce the red undertones in the hair. My silvers are really white. As for frizz, I found finger coiling to be the thing. I only do it around my face, since it is way too time consuming for me.

And this is where I am in general gray wise. Most of it is around my face.

What gorgeous hair! Always wished my waves would curl like that.

Length
    Hip/CL+/Lazy
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by enting View Post
    I just came across this https://www.boredpanda.com/gray-hair...s-jack-martin/

It looks like the sort of thing you're describing, Upside Down.
    Ooh - I’ve seen his work before. It really highlights how awkward that “in between” time is for so many. I only hope that embracing grey doesn’t become a passing fad.

Length
    Shave/Knee/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Hi! I'd love to join this thread. I stopped dyeing my hair last year really got fed up when my hair got longer. So I've managed to stay away from the dye. My husband is very supportive and is happy if I am.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Smile Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Upside Down View Post
    Wellcome to those joining!

My hair is longer now, I didn’t go to the stulist since February (corona, yes). So actually I am not too happy about that, and would cut it back a bit. But then I realized, this is the time to try highlights in the bottom of my hair, because I will be cutting a lot of it anyway. I have wanted this for a while, you may have read, to add more silver into it somehow.
    After I have lifted some streaks, I will see if I want to do a blue shampoo or toner, to blend and reduce the red undertones in the hair. My silvers are really white. As for frizz, I found finger coiling to be the thing. I only do it around my face, since it is way too time consuming for me.

Anyway here is a streak forming.

And this is where I am in general gray wise. Most of it is around my face.

Your streak is so very pretty, Upside Down. Your silvers are quite flattering, I especially like how they are framing your face.

I also finger coil my curls, and I often use a very small amount of coconut oil on my hands to help smooth the frizz.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I just came across this https://www.boredpanda.com/gray-hair...s-jack-martin/

It looks like the sort of thing you're describing, Upside Down.
    This is amazing, actually. The Colorist is extremely talented, the transformations are incredible.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley8 View Post
    Hi! I'd love to join this thread. I stopped dyeing my hair last year really got fed up when my hair got longer. So I've managed to stay away from the dye. My husband is very supportive and is happy if I am.
    We would love to have you, Lesley8! Welcome! Your husband sounds like a keeper, how lovely that he supports your decision.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Smile Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by PeonyBlue View Post
    Ooh - I’ve seen his work before. It really highlights how awkward that “in between” time is for so many. I only hope that embracing grey doesn’t become a passing fad.
    I think embracing the silvers may be here to stay, PeonyBlue, at least I hope so.

Patricia Keaton (Everybody Loves Raymond) was on Dr. Oz and she had no problem with her very obvious silvers showing themselves on National television. She was discussing her new book and talking all about her "Second Act" of life. Perhaps embracing her silvers is part of the plan.

I hope this video works. It takes a few seconds to load. You can see her silvers very clearly, they look lovely!

https://www.doctoroz.com/episode/pat...=6201343758001

Length
    ?/BSL+/?
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

I was thinking that, too. That hairstylist seems to like to make the ends look whiter than the roots which seemed pretty aggressive to me.
    Yes to get to white from very deep brown is a lot if bleach. I would not be able to handle the frizz after it. But the color looks good. It probably depends on what the client wants too. If she is going for an ombre look, I mean, the colors are spot on. Most people don’t bother about damage untill their hair starts breaking real bad.

Eta, I looked his insta account and I take back what I said. First of all he used olaplex with bleach, and he really tailors it to the client. He has much less dramatic stuff on there. Really talented and respectful and booked years in advance

Quote Originally Posted by PeonyBlue View Post
    What gorgeous hair! Always wished my waves would curl like that.
    Thank you!
    Finger coiling is very good for frizz and to define curls, if you got time and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley8 View Post
    Welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    Your streak is so very pretty, Upside Down. Your silvers are quite flattering, I especially like how they are framing your face.

I also finger coil my curls, and I often use a very small amount of coconut oil on my hands to help smooth the frizz.
    Aww thanks they are all around my face. It is annoying when I want to wear a pony tail (too short for a bun). But with hair down I quite like it.

I use gel... do you do your whole hair?

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    I think embracing the silvers may be here to stay, PeonyBlue, at least I hope so.

Patricia Keaton (Everybody Loves Raymond) was on Dr. Oz and she had no problem with her very obvious silvers showing themselves on National television. She was discussing her new book and talking all about her "Second Act" of life. Perhaps embracing her silvers is part of the plan.

I hope this video works. It takes a few seconds to load. You can see her silvers very clearly, they look lovely!

https://www.doctoroz.com/episode/pat...=6201343758001
    I googled an image, she is very beautiful and seems like silver will really flatter her face!
    Last edited by Upside Down; November 29th, 2020 at 03:45 AM.

Length
    Shave/Knee/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Thank you for the welcome!

Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I follow Jack Martin on Instagram, women travel far and wide to get their hair done by him. I am noticing more and more women embracing their grey. I think it is too much to be a fad or a trend.

Hoping to get to bra strap length, technically it already is but only when all my hair is straightened.
    And I don't like wearing straight hair............