Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Goblins and demons and bats; oh my! Show us your Halloween Hairtoys!

Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Goblins and demons and bats; oh my! Show us your Halloween Hairtoys!

Oh yaaaay!
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Default Re: Goblins and demons and bats; oh my! Show us your Halloween Hairtoys!

So I decided that now my selfie skills have improved to take a whack at re-taking some of those abhorrent halloweeny pictures. I decided to kick this year off with the eye ball sticks. Here is the result:

Not much better.... The camera just didn't seem to know what to focus on. But at least it *is* better.

Well more to come, and a few new halloweeny acquires since last year too.
    "Do you ever feel like a misfit? Everything inside you is dark and twisted
    but it's okay to be different
    'cause baby, so am I" ~So Am I

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by KameRose View Post
    So I decided that now my selfie skills have improved to take a whack at re-taking some of those abhorrent halloweeny pictures. I decided to kick this year off with the eye ball sticks. Here is the result:

Not much better.... The camera just didn't seem to know what to focus on. But at least it *is* better.

They're still really cool!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Those look so fun, KameRose!

Quote Originally Posted by KameRose View Post

Type
    1b/F/i

Oh! Those are just AWESOME!!!
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Those are terrifying, KameRose!

lol now I"m wondering what your other halloween ones you mentioned acquiring are.
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Length
    3"/APL/WL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

I wasn't really sure if I wanted to share this because it failed...
    but I just wanted a Halloween hair toy so bad

If you look closely there are thousands of trapped bubbles in the moon that are distorting the images and colors...and I tried sanding them away but there are everywhere . I didn't even bother too much with the finish of it because nothing I can do with the trapped bubbles.

Idk exactly what happened this time. The last moon I made (2nd photo) had no bubbles at all.

Its hard to know exactly what caused it as I used a different and "improved" process this time. Same resin. Obviously I will need to rethink how to do it but wont be in time for Halloween *sniffles*

Previous Moon:

Last edited by BerrySara; October 9th, 2019 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added 2nd photo
    Stretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | BSL | MBL | WL
    Unstretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | | BSL | MBL | WL
    Last Straightening Treatment Feb 2017. Last Chem Dye Aug 2019. Last Henna Feb 2020

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Failed? Failed?!?! I see no such errors! If anything, I think it kind of gives it a twilight zone effect and it's stunning (you did a fantastic job!)

I'm a secret admirer from the self made hair toy thread and if you ever decide to sell your artwork PLEASE let me know! I'd love to own something of yours You have talent that I'll never posses. How do you even begin to make something like that? Is it all resin, or is there any wood in there?

Length
    3"/APL/WL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mwallingford View Post
    Failed? Failed?!?! I see no such errors! If anything, I think it kind of gives it a twilight zone effect and it's stunning (you did a fantastic job!)

I'm a secret admirer from the self made hair toy thread and if you ever decide to sell your artwork PLEASE let me know! I'd love to own something of yours You have talent that I'll never posses. How do you even begin to make something like that? Is it all resin, or is there any wood in there?
    wow thank you mwallingford, that is really kind of you to say! At first I too was thinking it could be an effect but it unfortunately looks cloudy and the resin somewhat grey due to all the bubbles.

Gah you are so sweet, thank you I sure will I would definitely want to perfect the process first but I am getting some good practice in between the swap and new ideas I am trying out.

Actually this Halloween moon is full resin (my first) and the previous two were part wood, part resin. I don't think that is the issue though as I made a wood and resin topper hair fork for the swap and didn't have this issue. I think it was a matter of not using gravity to my advantage and getting all the bubbles trapped.

Last two times I just "free-handed" the shape of the resin to the wood by taping walls to the wood (and then sanding to shape) but this time I made a mold (and still sanded down the shape).
    Stretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | BSL | MBL | WL
    Unstretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | | BSL | MBL | WL
    Last Straightening Treatment Feb 2017. Last Chem Dye Aug 2019. Last Henna Feb 2020

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Resin is oversensitive to changes in temperature and humidity. Before it is fully cured you can remove bubbles with a torch. I've used my little jewelry/kitchen torch with success. I've heard some people say they remove bubbles by placing the resin on something that vibrates which helps them rise to the surface. Bubbles on the surface can be popped with a pin before the resin cures.

The internal bubbles aren't noticeable in your photos. For the surface bubbles, you can fill them in with another thin coat of resin.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*