Page 238 of 270 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 2694

Thread: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Length
    ??/27/36+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

I'm considering it, but I'm paranoid it might be too easy to unsheath, and it'll either fall out, or spawn will grab it and attack other spawn. Or self.

And as mentioned, I'm paranoid and already run/walk with pepper spray and a big folding knife, so maybe overkill. Haha

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Beautiful choice with the green tigereye sticks, Hele! And as concealed weapons are illegal here, the hairspikes won't be travelling to my neck of the woods (they wouldn't even make it through customs).
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    BCL/CL+/WTF
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    And as concealed weapons are illegal here, the hairspikes won't be travelling to my neck of the woods (they wouldn't even make it through customs).
    damn it, i was planning on sending you a flame thrower in your next box!

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I mean... No barbecued bad guys for me, then.

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    ??/27/36+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

What are yall allowed for self defense? Or is it a non-issue there?

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

We have strict gun controls after a massacre in 1996, so although we still deal with personal crimes (my hubs, a fit tradesman, was randomly punched from behind by an opportunistic gang and mugged a month or so ago), we are discouraged from fighting with weapons. Self-defence, if any, comes from counteractive moves.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

We aren't allowed them here either - there's no way that would get through customs)
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Crotchety Pastry GrowlingCupcake's Avatar
    Length
    15/21.5/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    Cupcake, going by your pic, proportions, and preference for less metal showing, I think you're right with 4". And I also think your hair looks great, as does the bun AND opaline with fire opal Quattro!
    Thanks <3 I think it looks better than it feels. The Quattro is just lovely in my opinion. I'm still waiting around for a gorgeous opal like yours; I've loved them ever since living in Australia.

Thanks for the advice, Hele!

So I was deifinitely settled on a 4 FL for the 2 prongs. But then I tried a Celtic bun, which I just adore, and I'm worried a 4 will be cutting it a bit close. My hair is about 32" to 33" now. I know it can as long as 40". I'm also fairly certain it can go longer but I've never tried.

A 4.5 FL Pietersite with an attempt to 'balance' the metal a bit. Honestly, I'd probably push it through a bit more.

Same fork, same bun, but pushed in a bit more:

The 4.5 prongs don't look too bad to me. So I'm stupidly confused again. And all photos thus far have been before wash day (which is today). My hair tends to get a bit poofier the first day or two after washing.

Well, now I'm leaning back to 4.5 FL, and just learning to live with how it looks. Maybe I can find a way to make the metal look less stark. Ribbon (if I can get it to not catch in my hair), paint, something like that.
    Big chop - 18th August 2021
    SL/15 - CLB/17 - APL/21 - MBL/26 - WL/30 - HL/32 - BCL/36 - TBL/40 - CL/45
    Measuring unstretched because flexibility is dumb.

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Ooooh, another opal lover! Yeah, we have the pick of the litter down here, in all kinds of colours and bling, which makes choosing ONE from the shops very, very hard. As for that Pietersite fork, it's divine and really comes to life on you, Cupcake!!

All I can say about the fpl for Gibraltar and Celtic Knot buns is--moar forks. I need more length for the Celtic Knot, Figure 8/Infinity, and Baby Helix, etc., and have the forks that can handle it. For more compact buns like the Gibraltar and LWB that are centre-held, less is more. For cinnabuns, it depends on whether the fork is middling (catching the outer coil) or behind. I think you could straddle the 4"-4.5" line if you're going to vary your buns.

Aaaaaaaand, if you want the prongs to disappear in a Celtic Knot, rotate that bottom loop near your neck to a 7 o'clock position and send the fork through the same spot up top, but rotated up to the 1 o'clock position. The prongs then don't come out of a hole; instead they're eaten by a wad of hair.

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I love that pietersite GrowlingCupcake! I think that you'd do well with 4", but it's a matter of taste really. I'm very happy with my shattuckite in 5", so I think I'll start picking my Quattro's 2 prongers in that lenght.

About the spikes, I think they're not admitted here either, but I might try to pick one of them one day. Dunno, love the idea and I've had several bad shocks while running at night: some years ago I had to go for my run at 4,30am to be at the office at 8.00am, while preparing the marathon. Usually totally calm, but had a couple of quite bad and frightening experiences, one of them totally depended in me being faster than the guy (that was just before going home, so I had run about 12-15km already). I use to carry a lil knife (legal) with me anyway. I'm not into guns in any way (in Spain they have a strict control too), but something like this would be ok for me. So sorry to hear about your hub experience Crystawni Some people are... uff.

The tiger eyes look very beautiful Hele! I think they'll be perfect for your hair, you need much less lenght with those

PS: Crystawni, I wish so much to understand what you are saying about the Celtic bun It's not a matter of language (I understand every concept, just don't get the whole), as it'd happen the same to me in Spanish. I'd totally need to see a video, I'm very visual for things like this
    Last edited by Milady_DeWinter; June 26th, 2018 at 02:38 AM. Reason: added info

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristClassic!FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread