Page 2347 of 4463 FirstFirst ... 134718472247229723372345234623472348234923572397244728473347 ... LastLast
Results 23,461 to 23,470 of 44628

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Length
    CBL/CBL/???
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

I threw a grey colour mask on my hair, hoping it would tone down the redness of my ends. I'm not too hopeful Another cool thing though: as I'm sitting here without shirt, I can feel my hair pretty much all around my back, even on my hips! Fake it 'til you make it, right?
    CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Never underestimate what a little TLC can do for your hair! My hair has been looking wrecked for months but I didn't want to go to a salon to get it trimmed up and styled again. I ended up cutting in inch off and my length and then used the ponytail method for some long layers. I also deep conditioned after washing my hair. What a difference that made! It had been almost a year since my last big trim, so my hair really needed it. (I color and use heat so I should trim a little more often, to be honest).

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

OK I have now tested a mesh thingy to catch hair at the shower drain. Verdict: it worked! I was sceptical and and though it's a very icky object to clean, but the cleaning was actually super easy. There was no hair to be seen under it in the actual drain, and I didn't need to pour in any drain opener.

In the long run I'm not sure which is more environmentally (un)friendly, these plastic mesh thingys or drain openers?

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Is it normal that the hair takes longer to dry after deep conditioning, or did I perhaps not rinse it properly?
    Hair thickness:6.2 cm (2.4'') Longest: TBL + Current length: APL (maintaining) Goal length: Waist

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lucid View Post
    Is it normal that the hair takes longer to dry after deep conditioning, or did I perhaps not rinse it properly?
    It's probably holding on to moisture a bit better

Length
    Pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    OK I have now tested a mesh thingy to catch hair at the shower drain. Verdict: it worked! I was sceptical and and though it's a very icky object to clean, but the cleaning was actually super easy. There was no hair to be seen under it in the actual drain, and I didn't need to pour in any drain opener.

In the long run I'm not sure which is more environmentally (un)friendly, these plastic mesh thingys or drain openers?
    I use a steel mesh shower trap, not plastic, but consider:

-With care a hair trap should last for months or years, and drain cleaners need to be used regularly and can harm the pipes in your home if used too often
    -There's less plastic in a hair trap than there is in the bottle for drain cleaner.
    -Wastewater in most cities and towns must be treated before it can be released into the environment, so unless you live in a very rural place with no water treatment, I wouldn't take that part into account but it still makes the drain cleaner the worse option of the two since the hair trap doesn't release any chemicals into the water system
    Nique ~ Journeying from pixie in 2011 to who knows where

Pixie ~ Shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ BCL ~ Tailbone ~ Classic ~ Fingertip ~ Knee?

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I use a plastic hair trap over my drain. Mine is like a plastic basket and it actually catches all of the hair. I'm counting on being able to use it for around ten years. So I'd say that it's a lot better for the environment than to pour in drain opener.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

The plastic mesh I have is not reusable (at least not according to the package, and I do think it would be difficult to clean and I wouldn't really want to touch it anyway), you pop it under the drain cover and it says it should be changed once a month but on my use it lasted longer. It's not really basketlike but it has a bit of shallow pouch. When it's time to change you take it off and put straight to the garbage. It's a good point the drain cleaners also have plastic bottles, I didn't take that into account. Sounds like the meshy thingies will be here to stay in this household! It sure made the drain cleaning more quick and pleasant!
    Last edited by Arctic; September 25th, 2017 at 07:25 AM.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

The plastic mesh I have is not reusable (at least not according to the package, and I do think it would be difficult to clean and I wouldn't really want to touch it anyway), you pop it under the drain cover and it says it should be changed once a month but on my use it lasted longer. It's not really basketlike but it has a bit of shallow pouch. When it's time to change you take it off and put straight to the garbage. It's a good point the drain cleaners also have plastic bottles, I didn't take that into account. Sounds like the meshy thingies will be here to stay in this household! It sure made the drain cleaning more quick and pleasant!
    Much gentler on your pipes too

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

That sounds like an unusual design, most hair traps I've seen are like a dish shape about 1/2 inch deep and lay over the top of the drain and you can just scoop the hair out after each shower, they don't go underneath. Seems very wasteful to make ones that only last a month that you can't clean out, the ones I use last years, and I've really only had to replace them because I've stood on and broken it!
    March '19
    (APL) >>> (BSL) >>> (WL) >>> (HL​​​​) >>> (BCL) >>> (TBL)