Page 213 of 303 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 3022

Thread: Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    My hair is naturally going to be a bob with long bangs as it grows, and I have never had that cut either before so that is exciting. Right now it is a short bob with eyebrow length bangs.

This morning when I woke up, I really wanted longer hair. Some mornings, I just want to pull all my hair back and off my face. I was able to do it with the help of bobbypins and clips and a scrunchie but I missed the days that I could just throw all my hair on top of my head with a scrunchie. That doesn't even take much length for me, probably a little bit shorter than APL.
    Funny, because I want to do the opposite. I really want to wear mine loose for a change because I have to wear it up for work all the time. Today I've also seen how well my face looks when my sides get to actually frame it. Alas due to having a mullet it doesn't look as good as it could.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post
    aww...you all. thank you...it's been a couple rough days due to non-hair issues....but your words echo what inspired me
    to write what I did. After a good Coconut Oil overnight and normal SC this morning....it all seems better.

But again...i hope that what was said about me(that we are our own harshest critics), can be seen objectively.

Feeling better about all aspects, but, it is so much easier to believe in oneself, when your true peers have your back

thank you again,
    O.R.
    No worries. Like the others have said jusr enjoy your hair. Also, think about the things you like about it. There's bound to be at least a couple of factors, right?

Length
    2/waist/???
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by 0xalis View Post
    RIGHT! My bangs are the same length as the rest of my hair so I have it a little easier in that department, but man I so badly want to just do a bun with all of my hair in it that sits right on the very top of my head.
    I need it Up and OUT OF THE WAY!!!! The best I can do right now is clip the bangs back with a small claw clip and then put the rest into a ponytail. Even then, the hairs closest to my neck fall out of anything besides a very low pony.
    I think things will get easier once I'm in the shoulder to collarbone area...
    I just want to have a ponytail that doesn't look ridiculous. I can kinda sorta get all my hair into a ponytail and use bobbypins to hold the bits that don't reach, but the resulting "ponytail" looks like a pitiful little stub. It kinda curls over and just looks silly. I'm just glad that I am not going out much these days due to the pandemic.

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by meepster View Post
    I just want to have a ponytail that doesn't look ridiculous. I can kinda sorta get all my hair into a ponytail and use bobbypins to hold the bits that don't reach, but the resulting "ponytail" looks like a pitiful little stub. It kinda curls over and just looks silly. I'm just glad that I am not going out much these days due to the pandemic.
    It's definitely a blessing in disguise to be able to get through the awkward lengths under lockdown!
    Just trying to get by

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

I'm not looking forward to the stage when you can tell a person is growing out a side shave, it's still in that side shave stage

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

RIGHT! My bangs are the same length as the rest of my hair so I have it a little easier in that department, but man I so badly want to just do a bun with all of my hair in it that sits right on the very top of my head.
    I need it Up and OUT OF THE WAY!!!! The best I can do right now is clip the bangs back with a small claw clip and then put the rest into a ponytail. Even then, the hairs closest to my neck fall out of anything besides a very low pony.
    I think things will get easier once I'm in the shoulder to collarbone area...
    I think collarbone area, things will be a lot easier! I was there pretty recently and I seem to remember being able to do a good peacock twist.

Quote Originally Posted by meepster View Post
    I totally did a cheater peacock twist today. I put my hair in a peacock twist with a clip high up on my head so the tuft poked up above my head facing forward, and then I put on a cloth wrap headband that twists in front. The head band hid all the loose hairs in the back and from the front it looked like my hair was long enough for a peacock twist that high on my head. I liked it! I think I will do it again. I ordered a bunch of cheap cloth twist headbands off amazon. Maybe you could try something like that?

It's definitely a blessing in disguise to be able to get through the awkward lengths under lockdown!
    So true! I still have the odd zoom meeting but I am able to disguise things pretty well from just the front. As long as no onse sees the back or sides, we are good!

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    Funny, because I want to do the opposite. I really want to wear mine loose for a change because I have to wear it up for work all the time. Today I've also seen how well my face looks when my sides get to actually frame it. Alas due to having a mullet it doesn't look as good as it could.

No worries. Like the others have said jusr enjoy your hair. Also, think about the things you like about it. There's bound to be at least a couple of factors, right?
    It is nice to have hair to frame your face, especially when you can't do it for a long time. The mullet goes eventually!

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    It is nice to have hair to frame your face, especially when you can't do it for a long time. The mullet goes eventually!
    Indeed. I'll have a trim on monday so part of the mullet will be gone already! And I'm thinking of letting my hair loose this sunday anyway.

Before I forget, I don't know how fast your hair grows but You'll be at APL in no time. And in the meantime you can just enjoy that cute bob of yours.

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    Indeed. I'll have a trim on monday so part of the mullet will be gone already! And I'm thinking of letting my hair loose this sunday anyway.

Before I forget, I don't know how fast your hair grows but You'll be at APL in no time. And in the meantime you can just enjoy that cute bob of yours.
    Good luck with the trim! Mullet trims always feel so good.
    Thanks! my hair is pretty standard .5 inch per month. This is a fun stage though because each slightly longer length looks different and lets you do different things. I think its probably why I keep cutting back to this length.

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Hey guys, I found a funny way to do a top-of-the-head cinnabun. Makes me look like I'm growing out an undercut I think! Good for my greasy-but-I-don't-wanna-wash-yet days.
    Do a cinnabun on the top of your head like you'd do if you had enough hair, then do a mini peacock twist with the remaining hairs on the lower half of your head!
    Just trying to get by

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Hey guys, I found a funny way to do a top-of-the-head cinnabun. Makes me look like I'm growing out an undercut I think! Good for my greasy-but-I-don't-wanna-wash-yet days.
    Do a cinnabun on the top of your head like you'd do if you had enough hair, then do a mini peacock twist with the remaining hairs on the lower half of your head!
    Looks good. I didn't even notice the clips in your hair at first.