Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I caved and got a professional blowdry for an interview, and I didn't get the job!

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: I caved and got a professional blowdry for an interview, and I didn't get the job

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    For your amusement: a friend with long hair, beard, and casual dress was getting ready to interview for a job he really wanted - psychology associate at an inpatient treatment facility. He cut his hair, shaved, and bought new clothes. The guy who interviewed him had long hair, a beard, was dressed in jeans and a T-shirt, and kicked back to put his motorcycle boots on the desk during the course of the interview. Oh my; did my friend ever feel dumb!
    Oh man, that's heartbreaking

Length
    16"/30"/33"
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: I caved and got a professional blowdry for an interview, and I didn't get the job

You know what I learned? Never do this!

My tale of woe...I was meeting the "big boss" at my office and decided I needed to look a little more professional. Long story short - horrible experience at hairdresser who razored my almost BSL to shoulder and threw in some nasty highlights.

The kicker is the appointment was canceled!!! Cut my hair for nothing!

So moral of the story...never do anything out of the ordinary (or your comfort zone) in order to get the prize. It will just elude you even more....

But be kind to yourself...I'm sure you can condition it back to health.

I'm so sorry you didn't get the job next time you could do a French twist or chignon for the interview instead? I think polished updos might leave a better impression than perfectly blown out long hair.