Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CO has made my hair so soft!!

Length
    Pixie/Chin/?

Default Re: CO has made my hair so soft!!

I've been CO washing for six months and I really love it too. I didn't have a transition phase from regular shampoo to CO. I CO wash every other day and my fine hair is bouncier and shinier than I have ever seen it before. Also, my ends seem a lot less dry since I started CO washing = no need to have them cut as often as I used to - yay

Length
    2"/37"/43+
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have been a CO washer on and off for years now. When I first tried it I had an awful transition phase, I was using someone elses method from LHC a million years ago. This method involved putting the conditioner all over my scalp and hair and leaving it on for several minutes then adding water and scrubbing it around the scalp and then rinsing.

Then I tried the curly girl method for wavy hair, which if I remember correctly is very mildly adding a tiny bit of conditioner to your scalp and scrubbing it a bit and then rinsing mildly. That was ok, but I still felt like my hair could be a bit on the greasy side.

Now I have experimented around to finding my own way of doing this which is simply I put conditioner on my scalp and hair and add a little water and immediately start the scrubbing process. It gets a tiny bit sudsy and I just judge by the feel if my scalp feels like I got its gummy layer(very technical term..lol) loosened. Then I rinse and rinse and rinse. My hair combs out very well no tangles and is so very soft and shiny. I tend to do this on a daily to every other day basis. The biggest thing Ive noticed is that my hair does not seem like its thinning on the top at all.

"I took a leap of faith and found out I could fly!" - Me
    http://www.laurieodriscoll.com

Length
    -APL/BSL/WAIST
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I am addicted to CO washing! It's probably the single most inportant tip I have ever learned at the LHC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My goal is to reach WAIST by 12/12/12
    This pic is my starting point on 11/11/11

Length
    12/12.5/24
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

I am going to have to try CO washing. Now off to research more threads on this.....

Length
    0.2/0.5/18
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I've been CO washing for a week and my hair feels softer but i reeeeally want to wash with shampoo even though my hair isn't dirty or oily, it's just breaking the habit!

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist

Quote Originally Posted by krazykirsty07 View Post
    I've been CO washing for a week and my hair feels softer but i reeeeally want to wash with shampoo even though my hair isn't dirty or oily, it's just breaking the habit!
    I will probably wash with shampoo once every few weeks to clarify... although I am not sure if that is necessary or not.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. —Oscar Wilde

Length
    34"/45"/IDK
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jenjen10 View Post
    I will probably wash with shampoo once every few weeks to clarify... although I am not sure if that is necessary or not.

I'm pretty sure you would only need to do that if you are using a coney conditioner. That or using products in your hair. If neither of those are the case then I don't think you need to clarify. HTH

March 2014 - Almost to fingertip

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoule77 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you would only need to do that if you are using a coney conditioner. That or using products in your hair. If neither of those are the case then I don't think you need to clarify. HTH
    I use hairspray and product on my bangs so I do have to wash occasionally due to product buildup on them... if I didn't do that, I could probably go forever without washing since my hair and scalp tend to be dry!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. —Oscar Wilde

Unexpected Combination PinkyCat's Avatar
    Under the bed, waiting for dangling ankles...
    Length
    Black/Numbr/One
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Yay for CO washing!

I've been doing it for a year and 3 months and my hair has never been so wonderful. Soft, shiny, healthy, hydrated, obedient. Best thing I've ever done for my hair!

Lady Roseus
    of the
    Cherry Blossom Hallow in the Order of the Long Haired Knights. >x<)))> veni vidi crepi.