Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No such luck!

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: No such luck!

Quote Originally Posted by archel View Post
    Oh my, I went through this too. Turns out S and C is for me! I just use a low-poo (no SLS) and a moisturizing conditioner with no cones. Depending on how my hair feels after that, I may use either oil or a coney serum if I'm really tangly.
    I have a feeling that S&C will be for me as well, and I won't complain since it's usually cheaper than buying tons of other things,

May I ask what low-poo you are using and moisturizing cone-free conditioner you're using?
    Creeping my way back to Classic

Length
    BSL/BSL/nfnty
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Have you tried CWC? Thats where you put conditioner on your ends, then lather your scalp (but not the ends) then wash it all out and then do a regular conditioner step. That might help with your tangles but also allow you to shampoo as you like.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by coffinhert View Post
    Have you tried CWC? Thats where you put conditioner on your ends, then lather your scalp (but not the ends) then wash it all out and then do a regular conditioner step. That might help with your tangles but also allow you to shampoo as you like.
    I have yet to try that, but I have been thinking of trying it.

What shampoos and conditioners work for this method?

Length
    19/28/34
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I know a lot of the professional treatments out there are actually quite bad for your hair. I've got a lot of secret damage (I say secret because I put a ton of oil and product to disguise it). I'm looking for a solution too, but more long term. Is there anything out there that would give long lasting de-frizzing results like a keratin salon treatment would?

Length
    BSL/BSL/nfnty
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Also I just saw your other post about using a coney conditioner. have you tried going no-cones for a while? I found that while cones sometimes made my hair really nice, at othertimes it felt really bad. ONce i stopped using cones all together, my hair is in better overall condition.

Length
    BSL/BSL/nfnty
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

For long-lasting defrizz ilike to rub a little coconut oil on a boar bristle brush and then brush it on my hair,at night before i go to bed. you have to figure out how much is little enough that it weighs your hair down without makng it look oily. there are other oils besides coconut oil that are lighter, like almond oil. theres also things like snowy moon treatment (there's a thread on it, SMT thread, search for it). if you want to smooth your hair down without a keratin treatment, try some of the different deep treatments suggested around here and see which ones work best for you. there is a weekly deep treatment thread, check that out for some ideas.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by coffinhert View Post
    Also I just saw your other post about using a coney conditioner. have you tried going no-cones for a while? I found that while cones sometimes made my hair really nice, at othertimes it felt really bad. ONce i stopped using cones all together, my hair is in better overall condition.
    I have tried it off and on, and I experience a lot of frizz without cones. But that could just be I haven't found the right cone-free conditioner.

Length
    22/33/36
    Type
    2c/F/M/i/ii

Honestly, neither CO or Shampoo Oil Method did anything for me. CO left my hair very dull and Shampoo Oil Method left me too greasy.

I had to stick to Shampoo and Conditioner. I experimented and found one I love, so I stick to it. No need to change. I buy Redken Real Control, which is a more expensive brand, but I have found that I can buy a whole liter at the barbar shops downtown for only $10 a liter. Sometimes it's worth it to spend a little more initially to find something you'll really like.

Clarifying might help, when I get buildup my hair looks very dull and putting more products on it doesn't help.

When I oil, I oil prewash. hth
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    apl-bsl-waist-hip

Length
    22/33/36
    Type
    2c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Amber_Maiden View Post
    I found, after all my experimenting, that shampooing and conditioning worked for me, sls and with cones and protein. It's weird that what I thought was wrecking my hair, my hair actually LIKES. Sometimes going back to your normal routine works.
    Agreed. What works for some members on the LHC doesn't work for everyone. Although it is fun to experiment, we all have to learn to recognize when the changes we make aren't working and move on to the next thing! You'll find what works for you!
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    apl-bsl-waist-hip

Length
    SL/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii/iii

One of my daughter's has hair like your's I tried all kind of different things to make her hair shiny and fully, nothing worked, her hair was dull, flat, and oily. I started washing her hair with a coney conditioner and clarifying every once in awhile and her hair is very shiny and full.