Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How fast does your hair grow?

Length
    18.5/BSL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: How fast does your hair grow?

Its hard to say, because once I came to LHC, I stopped dying with chemical dyes and I have also changed my shampoo and conditioning routine by being more selective about how much shampoo and where, etc.

But since I started in Feb at 18.5 I have gotten to 22.25 and I recently had a 3/4 inch trim. So I am right about 1" a month.

I also started taking vitamins at about the same time.

The difference in my hair pre-LHC and after is huge! I just wish I could have all my virgin hair and no dyed ends!! It is thicker, shinier and much easier to take care of!

So I'm not sure if I answered the question

Length
    Chin/24"/40"
    Type
    1a/M/ii

My hair grows an average of 1/2" a month. Though last month much to my surprise my hair grew 1". If I where to gain another inch this month I would be very happy.

Length
    SL/LB/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I would say about 1/2 inch per month. I'm 31 and I've had three children. I think it may have grown a little faster when I was younger, but my hair is very healthy and shiny so I guess you win some and you lose some. Lol
    Lady Ka'ahu Pahau, Island Guardian in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Act, don't react.

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I think I get about 1/2" per month. I'm not sure if it grew faster when I was younger, but I don't think I've ever had super fast growing hair! I do remember having a friend whose hair grew like a weed and me and another friend used to tease her for it (jealous much??!!).

So, I think for me 1/2" or so has always been fairly standard. If I grew my hair when I was younger I could go a long time between trims (like over a year at times) and I'd get significant growth...but just because I didn't trim. I still doubt it was more than 6" or so a year.

Anyway, I have currently decided to see if I can maximise my growth! I'm taking my hair vitamins daily, trying to eat a good diet with plenty of protein (something that's probably been a wee bit neglected since I stopped eating meat over a year ago), and I've also started hanging my head upside down and massaging my head each night before bed. I do it for the length of one song on my iPod!

I will also probably try Daktarin soon, when I get myself a tube, and see if that helps. I'd love 1" a month!!!!
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Length
    buzz/pixie/pixie
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Monistat helps with my growth, and I take prenatal vitamins and off/on biotin as well as lots of protein in my diet. However I don't think any growth aid can beat your genetics, some hair just grows slower. And it's not because you treat your hair well that it'll grow faster, it'll mostly just look better and need less trimming.
    Finding a way to love my hair.

Length
    pixie/bob/waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Pre-LHC, it grew about 1/2 inches per month. Now it grows about an inch per month, since I started using MN, and treating my hair much nicer with CO and no heat styling. But either way, I'm just happy that my hair is growing in thicker and shinier. It also helps that I really don't need trims so far, so that won't be a hindrance in my growing journey for the most part.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I think I get roughly 7 inches/year, but I don't measure consistently. My hair is known to occasionally make huge sprints though, and other times stall out. I'm pretty confident I once got 4 inches in a month, but that was probably a one-time thing.

Where's Squiggy? She gets about an inch when she's not doing anything and has pushed her growth rate to a consistent 3 inches/month at times.
    Last edited by Anje; July 11th, 2011 at 08:49 PM.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    19.5"/22"/31"
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

3 inches per month?! This month will be my first time measuring and I cannot wait! I get to measure again on August 6 but, so far, in 6 days, it's grown a little over a quarter of an inch. I'll be sure to repost when I find out for sure!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Mine averages over the year to 0.67 inches per month. However, that includes months with nearly no growth at all and months with just under an inch of growth.

1/2 inch per month is an average, not a limit.

Length
    ears/34"/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Since starting to measure in January, I've gotten a little less than 1/2in a month.