Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hairs on the side of your head?

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: Hairs on the side of your head?

Many people have that hair in front of their ears and it is pretty normal that it does not grow long. I forgot the exact terms but in the area where skin-fuzz changes to head hair there's some sort of fine in-between hair which won't stay as short as the skin hair but won't grow as long as the head hair either. That's most obvious in front of ones ears and at the nape.
    For me those hairs are just long enough to go behind my ear and stick out at the side of it or under it. Forming sort of an awkward lock getting stuck in my earrings. Now I do my best to just ignore it and not let it bother me, because nobody else besides myself seems to notice, but when I had short hair I used to trim them back. Trimmed the right way they would end right behind my ears which made them invisible from the front and I was hoping that people would not look behind my ears and still see them haha. But it was a hassle to trim them, because if I trimmed too much by accident they would not go behind my ear but form some sort of fake sideburns, which can look pretty cool with certain hair-cuts and face-shapes, but unfortunately that wasn't the case for me.
    To help them stay behind my ear I smooth them back when drying after a wash, which is usually enough to tame them. But you could also try to use a bit of product (gel, foam, hairspray) to help keeping them in place. And as a male you also have the additional option to grow actual sideburns and trim those hairs so they blend in.

ETA: Anje beat me to the sideburn suggestion

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hairs on the side of your head?

I've got short hairs above each temple that stick out if I don't smooth them down with a little dab of styling gel or aloe vera gel. I've done it for so long that it feels totally natural to me.