Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beadmask (etsy) leather hair slides

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Beadmask (etsy) leather hair slides

I got one last night, too! Unfortunately, I am now concerned that it won't fit as my hair is kinda thick. I suppose I can always put it on the swap board, but I really hope I don't have to!

I got the red oak:

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction...on_id=28472358
    January 2012

Type
    1c/C/iii

Hi ladies,

I don't mean to barge in here but Google alerts cued me in to this thread, and I wanted to reply to some of your comments and also ask a few questions of my own...

First, thank you all for the compliments! I really do love making these, and it's nice to see that others enjoy them too.

Sapphire-o - your hair is gorgeous! I can totally see why you chose the color that you did, it must look dramatic in your hair. I would *love* a photo if you care to share one

I will be honest in that I am relatively new to making these (although I have been a leatherworker for about 18 years). I bartered with a woodcarver named Morgan Reed a couple years back, and I've had a lot of fun making these pieces with her sticks, and more recently, sticks from Pacific Merchantile. I've been making these according to my own needs/style, simply because that's what I am familiar with. My hair is ridiculously thick and I have never (ever) been able to keep it in any kind of bun or roll. I would love to, but I promise you, many brave and talented women have tried -- sticks, pins and the like pop right out! That said, I use these more like barrettes (worn pretty much the way that you would wear a typical French barrette).

I would love to improve and expand on these pieces, so that they're made to suit a variety of hair types & styles. I have some really ornate/interesting designs I'd like to try, but I want to be sure that I have the functionality aspect down first. Your feedback would be invaluable on that! Things like is your hair thin or thick, and if so, what size hairslides work for you? What qualities do you love most and what do you dislike? Maybe this would be a good topic for a separate thread, not necessarily about my products in particular, but hairtoys in general - or maybe you already have such a thread?

Kristin & Aeon - thank you for your purchases! I genuinely hope that you'll love them, but if you don't, please let me know (be gentle! ). I typically do not accept returns on hair products, but I will make an exception in this case -- if these do not work for your hair, send it back and let me know what changes to make. I will craft a new one of similar size/style, to your specifications.

I hope this doesn't come off as an aggressive sales pitch, as that is really not my intent. This seems like a forum that I would like to participate in and learn from. Maybe I will even learn how to put my hair in a bun/roll once and for all! I've posted a proper intro (about who I am as an individual, rather than as a vendor) over in the newbie area:
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...20#post1074720

Best wishes,
    ~ Andrea

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

beadmask: I really like the barrettes you have with all the beads (especially the green one), but my hair is very find and packs down real small. So I'd love a 3 or 3 1/2 in version of your 4in green beaded one.

wg
    To contact me, use email. (Only PM if you'd rather not receive a reply in a timely fashion.)

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Welcome to the forum, beadmask! The slide does work very well for me. I'll see if my son can take a picture.

Please make sure you read this thread regarding vendors posting on the forum. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=44940 I know quite a few vendors got banned for not following the rules. Please be careful as we'd love you to stay here and grow hair with us.

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Beadmask- I will let you know how it works for me. Thank you for being so considerate.

With regard to your updo issue, could it be that people just do not know how to handle hair of your thickness? It also takes lots of practice to put up hair of many types. AND hair of your thickness could be particularly difficult, requiring you to grow more before many styles can be achieved. Just my
    January 2012

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Okay, just got my beadmask birch leaf in the mail today. I think it will work very well. I may need a larger one later on though. I will then keep this one for half ups. I like it and I think I will get another I will just convo beadmask and see if I can't get a larger one!!! YAY leaves!! I will get an action shot pretty soon.
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Length
    28/BSL/APL:P
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Oh crap, I looked at the link, now I want one

And that is super cool that beadmask herself came to visit! How neat! Now I really have to save up for one

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

*resurrects thread*

I've been coveting one of these for a while but I've seen a couple of action shots of the leaf slides recently that have made me wonder why they're still on my wishlist and not already in my hair.

I don't suppose anyone else has any action shots to add?

Length
    APL/Tbl/Clssc
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I got a lovely Oak Leaf slide from beadmask sometime last year. I love the way it looks, but unfortunately I haven't found many updos it works with on my hair. I managed to do this with it once, though:

Currently: tailbone length
    Next goal: classic length

Length
    13"/33"/33"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

*drool* Oh. My. Word.

I have a hair toy wish list for when I have regular income. It's almost as long as my arm. Now I have to add to it. Why? *sob* Why?

And worse, I want some of those masks. I have nowhere to wear them and nothing to wear them with but suddenly I need them!