Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would this hair color go?

I know nothing about indigo/henna but just had to tell you how beautiful your hair is-color and texture. Very pretty : )

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Your hair is a very pretty color now. If you go to dark, you may risk the chance of looking washed out. I did my hair black and that's what happened to me. Took a while to get back to the color I liked.

~Blonde to the Bone~ Shermie Girl's Avatar
    Length
    Too/Effin/Short
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

From looking at your photo, I would be inclined to think that no, a true black wouldn't be suitable to you. That could have a lot to do with the lightning and the camera, tho. It is hard to tell true skin tones in snapshots. If you really want to see how a true black hair colour would look on you, hit a local wig shop and play. Look at the wigs in indoor and outdoor light. Get an employee to accompany you outdoors and take a mirror to make sure the colour truly suits you.

I wouldn't recommend a temporary dye. Often, temporary dyes, especially those in dark shades, turn out to be more permanent than the user thought they would be. It would be a bummer if you used one of those dyes, decided that you didn't like the colour after all and were stuck with it.

If black does suit you, henna and indigo are a great way to go. henna is wonderful for the hair. But remember, henna and indigo are permanent. I am talking nuke your hair into oblivion then chop it off if you decide to remove it permanent. So, think carefully before you go this route. Make sure, if the black does look good that it is really, really, really what you want.

Good luck with your hair, whatever you decide to do.

Oh, yes, and Welcome to LHC!

Veni, Vidi, Velcro (I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around)
    Proud Bottle Blonde!

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I HAD your hair color, I dyed it black and it made me look to pasty. You may want to gradually take it to black to be on the safe side
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Length
    bsl/waist/hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Another one chiming in that your natural hair colour is absolutely gorgeous, and the perfect match to your face.

In my experience it is very hard to get back anything really close to your natural colour once you start dyeing. If you go a lot darker than your natural colour you would probably have to go lighter in degrees (which will take years) before you let your natural colour come back in, unless you are happy to go for the two-toned look. So please consider carefully, before you decide on this change. Maybe you could borrow a wig somewhere in the colour you are aspiring to, to give it a "trial run"?

Greetings

katharine

Length
    0"/0"/0"
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Maybe instead of trying on wigs, you could take a picture of yourself, straight on with your hair pulled back, and go to one of the numerous free "makeover" websites and play around with color? You probably won't be able to find a hairstyle similar to your current one, but at least you will be able to see how black hair would look on you, without having to find a wig store (there isn't one close to me, so I'm not sure how close one would be to you).

Or, if you are familiar with photo manipulation software, you could always just "color" your hair there to see how it would look. I would take the picture you provided and do that for you, but I'm at work now, so I cannot. If you would like me to, I'll get it done tonight.

Just a few more options for you.
    Chronically a newbie, although I've been around since 2003.

Length
    25/25/70
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii/iii

Wow, so many replies in so little time! And thanks for all the compliments. I honestly didn't think it would really go. I just wanted it to, lol.
    KajiKodomo, Thanks for the offer. if I can find I pic of myself that will work then I will post it. But most of the time I'm the one doing the taking of the pictures, not getting them taken.

Someone mentioned something called manic magic, I've never heard of that before. Can you explain what it is?

Length
    0"/0"/0"
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I'll save the picture you originally posted and darken your hair. Don't get your hopes up too far, since my skills aren't perfect, haha! But, it will at least give you an idea of how it would look.

You so need to go jump in front of random cameras to get your picture taken! Yeah, so, I love having my picture taken (even though I usually take pictures of myself, instead of having others do it), but I used to HATE it.

Manic panic is a semi-permanent dye that's made out of good stuff (vegetable-based, I believe). It comes in all sorts of bright colors (red, green, orange, purple, etc.). Seriously, I keep thinking about growing out my natural color and dyeing it with MP in one of the purple colors. I'm not sure if the people at my job would like that too much though, haha!
    Chronically a newbie, although I've been around since 2003.

Length
    apl/hip/?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I'm going to have to advise strongly that you do not dye your hair with Manic Panic to "test" the black. Even semipermanent black dye often never leaves completely on hair as light as yours. Manic Panic is good for fun, quick changes in hair color - so, it will give you a monochromic black that you will almost definitely be unhappy with (you are fairly warm-complected!) and may never wash out properly. It's really difficult to get a warm black using dye anyway, and that seems to be what you would need for it to suit you.

I am another one who really likes your natural color, by the way, but if you really want to go darker I think you'd look good with dark brown.

your current color is very nice. I have colored my hair before and now cannot get it all one color...it wants to stay two toned. Yes I would also suggest a wig to see how that dark of a color will look.