Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The time has come to be honest

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: The time has come to be honest

Use what you know works. Heat, sulfates, and silicones aren't evil substances and they work great for some people. I think it's overuse and misuse that causes a lot of problems.

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I still fall back on conventional things regularly. Even today I bought a (cone free) serum because I miss silicone shine sometimes. I use hairspray without even caring if there's alcohol in it when I need it. I just re-discovered the hair aisle in Boots. It's been about five, six years, and it felt good just to buy bottles of things that make my hair nice in fifteen minutes, rather than waitingg two hours, stirring occasinally, a pot of mud.

We all know the options, and just like food natural is great but sometimes you really really want a cream cake, or a burger, or something you feel you shouldn't have.

Enjoying it (hair/cake/burger) is really the most important thing.
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Length
    1.25/4.25/BSL+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Speckla View Post
    Use what you know works. Heat, sulfates, and silicones aren't evil substances and they work great for some people. I think it's overuse and misuse that causes a lot of problems.
    Exactly! It's what I've finally come to realize.
    Growing out again since August 2019
    pixie
    ~ cl ~ sl ~ apl ~ bsl ~.......?

Length
    1.25/4.25/BSL+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by enfys View Post

Enjoying it (hair/cake/burger) is really the most important thing.
    mmmmmm....burger...I haven't had one in ages! Oooo, it's lunch time!
    Growing out again since August 2019
    pixie
    ~ cl ~ sl ~ apl ~ bsl ~.......?

Length
    15.5?/Shldr/30-34
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Good! The only thing I would be worried about is using a blowdrier on high, since that DOES damage hair. If you were using it gently, and it didn't break or tangle, and your hair can handle it, congrats! Same deal with the cones. It seems the biggest issue with cones is how harsh SLS can be but even that is fairly minor. Flat irons, heavy bleaching, and perms/relaxers are the most damaging things to hair. Cones and stuff like that, they're either good for your hair, or ok, but not ideal, or very rarely, damaging.
    Fast typer.
    I have fine hair that I'm working on growing long!

Banned
    Type
    1a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by whiteisle View Post
    After much genuine effort since joining LHC I have finally come to accept what truly makes my hair happy and therefore what makes me happy. I have really come full circle. Before finding LHC I used Tresemme products everyday/every other day and dried my hair about 3-4 times per week. And my hair was happy (short and not so appealing in the style department but happy and healthy). Since trying other care methods my hair has been not-so-appealing in the health department - frizzy, dry, prone to tangles and breakage and not happy. So today I used my Tresemme and some leave-in and let my hair mostly dry before gently using the blowdryer and I have very, very, very happy hair. It's soft, smooth & tangle-free.

I love the idea of natural products, cone-free, air-drying, oils, alternative care, etc. but the truth is my hair doesn't. And I want to be able to enjoy my hair being long. That's the point, right? So I am thankful to all of you and LHC for showing me all the choices out there and helping me find what's right for me.

Adding pic (shows off new trim too )

Hey, the pictures speak for themselves! Tresemme works for you, so keep on using it! There's nothing wrong with trying out other products and finding out that they don't work as well for you. The most important thing is that you find a routine and products that make YOU comfortable. And I know even the members here who use all natural products would back you up %100 on returning to Tresemme or any other conventional hair product , its all about what makes all of us happy.

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

I like tresemme too. Along with some pantene conditioners, it's one of the few coney lines that work well for my hair.

Use whatever works.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    11 in/BSL+/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I believe that's one of the major points of LHC:finding what works best for YOU.I found that my hair looks and feels fabulous if I blow dry it on cold.(you may want to try that)I also know it likes cones.I don't use excessive amounts, but I really enjoy my leave in conditioner.It's what works for you.hey,come a few years from now when you are at a much longer length you may find your hair does like the natural ways.Try it again.When my hair was at shoulder length it hated trying new things but for some reason when I hit APL I tried like a million things and found which one worked best for me.

Good luck and happy growing!
    Lady Aoide of the picture box in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Goals: Ultimate goal:32"(solid waist) with no layers above 25"

Length
    0"/Pixie/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I think LHCs info about conventional products helped me understand how to use them properly, not discard them completely. I've discovered that blow-drying really lays my hair down nicely, and my scalp seems to like a bit of air, and that 'cones make me less tangly.
    Bald Guru Tries Again 2k15 (journal)
    Shaved
    | Pixie | Ear | Jaw | Chin | Collar | Shoulder | APL

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    I like tresemme too. Along with some pantene conditioners, it's one of the few coney lines that work well for my hair.

Use whatever works.
    I'm jealous. I want Tressemme to work because it's cheap and smells really good.

It's all about finding what works and then using it.