Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The best non-sulfate shampoo you ever tried?

Quote Originally Posted by SHADOWSCODE46 View Post
    Aveda Damage Remedy Shampoo. It leaves my hair very soft, and is very gentle. My favorite hands down. This should also help your damage issue. The Intensive Recontructor is my best friend too.
    I love and use this shampoo but it's not sulfate free.

Length
    25/28/36
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I like Burt's Bees shampoos, and they're sulphate-free. I use Pommegranite and Soy, but that might be a bit harsh for you. My hair gets greasy quickly. Maybe there's another sort that would work well for you?

https://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs...CategoryId=-83

Hope this helps!
    ~Ever-creeping to small-of-the-back length~
    2b/c, M, ii/iii

Personally I love Max Green Alchemy, it works well and and even though its a bit expensive it lasts so long it actually saves me money. I also dont get much buildup and my scalp loves it.

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

My favourite is Natura Organics daily use shampoo. I intend to try their Nourishing shampoo as well. I also love Kiehl's Amino Acid shampoo.

TiGi Superstar have just brought out one called Thick Massive Hair sulphate free shampoo but until I finish my bottle of Kiehls I have promised myself I won't buy it!
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I am using Jason henna highlights and also tryed shampoo bars, the first one is cones and sulfates free and makes my hair with a lots of volume and it isnt harsh for my hair..shampoo bars also but you have to work it for awhile to make it work proprely, but it does have the advantage that is more natural. Ah! Aubrey Organics i dont know as a shampoo but the conditioner is great
    .~~~. :*: Bárbara :*: .~~~.

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

I really like the Honey Moisturizing Shampoo from The Body shop (sulphatefree, but not conefree) And the smell is divine. And don't get me started about the conditioner that goes with it *sigh* They're great, but quite expensive.
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be

Quote Originally Posted by Elfling View Post
    I love and use this shampoo but it's not sulfate free.
    Wow- I was wrong (though happy to be so!)

No sulfates; I'm not at home and can't find the name of the detergent, but it's the variation on SLS that is derived from coconuts, IIRC. I'll try to post the ingredient list when I'm at home.

Found it: sodium methyl cocoyl taurate

It does have some dimethicone in it but I like this shampoo a lot.

Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by kimberlily View Post
    I've never been to La Serena, but the parts of Chile I've visited were beautiful. I'm glad you like it there! My parents were glad to go back to Canada, but only because they were having trouble with learning Spanish and felt homesick. They have no regrets for having lived there though, and have wonderful memories and stories.

Now I'm craving a pisco sour and empanadas! Ooh, and Cazuela. Mmmmmmmmmmmm... I just need to buy some quinoa, and I can make a pot. The food there is wonderful!

The water in Santiago is very hard, and if you're somewhat close to there, I'd imagine your water probably is too. In fact, regular sulfate shampoos still left my hair feeling coated when I visited Santiago! The water where I live is pretty hard too, and I really need a vinegar rinse.

I'd like to suggest two things for you to try with your CV bars (I use them myself) before you give up on them:

• Try 2 tbps white vinegar and 1/2 tsp citric acid in 2L of filtered water. I feel like I'm wasting my time with my rinse if I use tapwater. Using white vinegar and citric acid works much better for me than ACV.
    • Don't try to detangle your hair while it is wet. My hair feels weird and coated when it is wet, but when it dries, it is easy to detangle and feels soft.
    Thanks kimberlily -

yes yes!! The water here is very hard. In fact all my hair problems started when we got here. It is heavily chlorinated as well. My hair stays several lighter shades of blonde than it is naturally due to the chlorine in the water and the sun strength.

I have some citric acid which I ordered as you can't buy it here, so I might give that a shot..

The Chilean Spanish is the worst to understand in the world. It's taken me years to learn all the slang they use, which makes up most of their daily conversations! And I come from a very linguistic family so it was easier for me than most.

Thanks everybody for the suggestions! I'm going to try out a few and see where it gets me. I don't want to leave COing for now as I have such fine thin hair that really detests too frequent shampooing. Matt city.

Loops

Length
    nape/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

The second time I went, my brother's Mexican girlfriend came. She kept saying that they weren't speaking Spanish