Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with neck hair

Length
    bsl/waist/hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Hi Jeni,

I'm absolutely with you on the "I'm really bothered by my neck hair" issue. I would LOVE to have a clean neck-hair-line rathere than those two hairy teeth. And mine grow quite long, around an inch or two. The only good thing I can say about them is that they do curl somewhat.

However, I don't think that either bleaching or shaving is a good solution. As far as bleaching goes: wouldn't that simply make it look like your hair really is very grey and you just missed those bits when dyeing it. I actually try to take care I catch all of those hairs when dyeing it, since I don't want to have a big "but really she is going rather grey already" sign at the back of my neck which is usually very visible since I wear my hair in a bun or ponytail most of the time.

While you can attempt to shorten the neck hairs regularly, I would stongly suggest not to shave the area. I was toying with the idea myself, until I once saw a woman with a bob who had had her neck shaved and "three day beard stubble" was showing. So not a good look! I believe that a shaved neck will only look good if it's combined with a matching overall extremely short hair cut.

I guess that short of laser hair removal the neck hairs are just another aspect of having to accept the kind of hair you've got - fine or coarse, straight, wavy or curly, thick or thin, sweet curling neck hairs or clear hair line.

Greetings

katharine

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by eadwine View Post
    Wanna see bad nape hair?

And that is after just braiding, you should see it underneath, and also an hour from then!

That is not bad at all. I have that too and I never considered it a problem. Actually I find it strange if people don't have it LOL. It's perfectly normal to have it.

Don't shave it! Some people do that and it really looks strange (unless you do it daily). I just put mine in my ponytail or bun (it is long). Or I leave it out, it's kind of spirally.

Length
    ?/?/?
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have it too. On the sides, they never grow very long, so when I put my hair up in a ponytail or updo, they're really obvious as they don't get pulled up with the rest of my hair.

Here's a picture that shows them off:

I used to hate them so much when I was in my early teens, but the truth is that until I saw this topic, I'd forgotten about them. I'm not planning to do anything about them, if people want to call me hairy or something (which they don't) then I will let my hair down and show them just how hairy I actually am

Type
    1b/F/ii

I always have neck hairs sticking out, however carefully I put my hair up. mostly just pin them up with a bobby pin.

Longhaired Intellectual Periwinkle's Avatar
    Length
    ~APL+/waist/TB+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I put my hair up in a really high bun to make sure it's all out of the way and then chop the neck hairs off with a pair of scissors. My hair is THICK so they're really noticeable =[

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I think the little soft neck hairs are pretty and attractive. I don't see a problem at all with the pictures you guys posted. I think it looks normal. Actually I'm kind of envious of those who have little neck curly-wurlies. I have a some straight little strands what don't reach into updo's. I just thought it was a normal growth pattern. I've been tempted at times to use an itty bitty rollers or a large perm rod to curl my neck straglies but that seems like way too much work.

I am not here to decorate your world

Banned
    Length
    buzz/29.0/40
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I'm also bothered by mine and I do shave them periodically. The good thing is that they don't grow nearly as fast as my beard or the rest of my head hair so I only have to do this every 2 or 3 months. I'm not sure if it would be different for a woman.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I really wouldn't worry about them. I have them as well, and while it used to drive me crazy when I was younger, I don't mind them now. Sometimes I pin them up with bobby pins if they are long enough, but most of the time I just forget they are there. HTH!

Length
    25/38.4/50
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

So... I also made a picture for you:

(They look quite greenish on that picture

I actually quite like neck hairs, I think they are s*xy

Length
    Bob/Waist/Ankle
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I still think mine is the worst nape hair I've seen.

They don't grow any longer than this, and they're just thick and fuzzy at the sides. I think they look worse if I look at them from the side.

I've considered getting them shaved, but maybe I'll try bleach first. I bleach my arm hair because my arms are hairy and the hairs are dark.

45.5" - mid-thigh
    Here I Grow Again
    Amanda