Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Me Your Barrettes!

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Barrettes

"wider look" - yes, that's another thing I do like about barrettes. Fine hair really packs down. In an elastic I'd have like a pencil hanging back there.

darkwaves: try the Barrette Baron (www.barrettebaron.com) - he does XL barrettes that are quite capacious.

wg

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I LOVE barrettes. I'm a barrette addict. Tabitha, where did you get that purple barrette in your first photo??? I LOVE IT!!! It'd go great with my outfit I wore at Christmas

I use spring load barrettes, but also the kind that are slide metal ones? I find the snag less in my hair. I've growing out the majority of my bangs, so I use them to clip those back. I also use those little snap clip barrettes, but they don't always hold my hair up.

Barrette Baron...I'm scared to ask because I LOVE shopping for hair toys.....

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Oh no! Wendy supplied the link......must....resist...urge.......

Length
    APL/33"/?
    Type
    1b/1c/C/i/ii

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I have a lot of barrettes that are mostly of the drug store variety. I'll be looking for more "hair friendly" designs since I've had more than one of the spring-type, grab onto a few hairs and won't come out -ouch! I do have some French barrettes that seem to be of better construction but they are definitely not as pretty as Wendy's.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I use the large barrettes for mostly for folded braids. I find that if I take the moveable "center" out of the spring-type barrettes, they are able to accommodate more hair and still be secure. When I wear my hair down, I sometimes use the smaller barrettes for half up styles.[/FONT]

Length
    APL/33"/?
    Type
    1b/1c/C/i/ii

Sorry for the oddity in the previous post, I'm new and copied and pasted from Word since the spell check wouldn't work for me.

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I almost never use any barrettes. They slide down my slippery hair and most can't hold all my hair anyway. Sometimes I envy those of you with fine non-slippery hair, your hairtoy options are limitless. I leave my hair down a lot in winter, sometimes tucked into the coat. Keeps me warm without additional hats. If I wear it up I use Ficcares, I can still put hats or hood on easily with those.

I do have a few nice barrettes, mostly reserved for half-ups in warmer days.

Type
    2a/F/i

I just love them , no updo is complete without them. Visit my album and see for yourself . I'll be back with pictures soon.

Length
    ~20"/45"/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I love barrettes, but have not found any large enough to use for a ponytail in my hair. I tend to use them as decorative only. My favorites are my 1928 brand ones, which are a costume jewelry brand that's made to look like vintage jewelry. I have a bunch of pics of my collection in my hairtoys album. Unfortunately, they are poor quality pics. I have some more 1928 barrettes coming in the mail soon from Ebay. I can hardly wait!

Proud member of the Renegray Gang

I've got lots of barretts, but I don't wear them much anymore. I mostly use sticks or forks.
    Here are some of them:

and there are a few more in this picture:
    ~Lady Bau, Protector of Canines in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ~20"/45"/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

OOOooohhhh! Pretty!

I am green with envy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mely View Post
    I've got lots of barretts, but I don't wear them much anymore. I mostly use sticks or forks.
    Here are some of them:

and there are a few more in this picture:

Proud member of the Renegray Gang