Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grey Ombre

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Grey Ombre

Humm. This topic makes me think that we should have a thread for blue/purple shampoo/conditioner/treatments for longhairs (if there isn’t one already that is.) I know I’m not the only one who has dark hair that lightens to an annoyingly brassy reddish brown in the sun, and just with age of hair as well (I don’t spend very much time in the sun at all, but the ends of my hair are 5+ years old at this point, and they’re only going to get older as I grow longer.)

Adding the above to the fact that I’m going grey and don’t want those lovely grey strands to get yellow over time, it stands to reason that I should probably begin to sub a toning conditioner for those I currently use.

Is there a thread for this already off the top of anyone’s head? Or should I start one?
    I woke up like this (brushing the top of my calves somehow??)

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    Humm. This topic makes me think that we should have a thread for blue/purple shampoo/conditioner/treatments for longhairs (if there isn’t one already that is.) I know I’m not the only one who has dark hair that lightens to an annoyingly brassy reddish brown in the sun, and just with age of hair as well (I don’t spend very much time in the sun at all, but the ends of my hair are 5+ years old at this point, and they’re only going to get older as I grow longer.)

Adding the above to the fact that I’m going grey and don’t want those lovely grey strands to get yellow over time, it stands to reason that I should probably begin to sub a toning conditioner for those I currently use.

Is there a thread for this already off the top of anyone’s head? Or should I start one?
    That’s a good idea Knobbly. Mine is many shades of brown and auburn from being outside. I wear hats, but before LHC I just had it loose under the hat. I’ve silvers coming in now and since going SO the roots are darker. I really hope my grey doesn’t turn yellow, I’ve enough colours going on without that!
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

I made a deposit dye club but I don't think there is one for toners yet

Length
    16/32.5/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

I'm guessing "deposit dye" is a wash off temp dye? I'm afraid that the bleached streaks in the brown will grab it. But anyway - can anyone recommend the best of the best of these deposit dyes and why they are the best? Thanks

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

When growing out my silver I used Keracolor in Platinum. You're never going to completely neutralize the brass, imho, but it did help me. It's expensive, but it's incredible stuff. Don't use the grey, use the platinum.

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Okay I started the thread if anyone has any input!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...53#post3853553
    I woke up like this (brushing the top of my calves somehow??)