Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Garnier Fructis Treats / Hair Food

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Garnier Fruictis Treats

Quote Originally Posted by Kaya View Post
    I picked up the Banana Strengthening Mask today at Wal-Mart. Excited to try it out! Not sure what I'll try first: as a conditioner or a leave-in...
    Let me know how it goes! I still haven't tried anything partly because I'm not sure which one to try. Let me know how it goes!
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    Let me know how it goes! I still haven't tried anything partly because I'm not sure which one to try. Let me know how it goes!
    I certainly will. I'm not sure when I'll try it out, as I'm still carrying on my love affair with the Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive line. Not sure if the smell of the olive line will mix well with the banana scent, but I gotta try it at some point!

I might use it tonight, as leave-in after I shower. I was thinking about trying it during the day, but it says to use it on damp hair; I'm used to the Legendary Olive leave-in which can be used on either damp or dry hair.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kaya View Post
    I certainly will. I'm not sure when I'll try it out, as I'm still carrying on my love affair with the Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive line. Not sure if the smell of the olive line will mix well with the banana scent, but I gotta try it at some point!

I might use it tonight, as leave-in after I shower. I was thinking about trying it during the day, but it says to use it on damp hair; I'm used to the Legendary Olive leave-in which can be used on either damp or dry hair.
    Hmmm, yeah. I think the smell of the Treats are pretty strong. It might just cover up the olive oil smell?

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Well, I tried out the banana strengthening mask last night; used it as a mask/conditioner in the shower. I figured that would be best, rather than trying it as a leave-in. In case I didn't like it, I'd be able to rinse it out directly.

It's pleasantly thick, not quite as thick as the Legendary Olive conditioner, nor as smooth. I used about half the little tub to cover both my length and scalp. Definitely goes on thinner than the other stuff. It rinses out nicely, leaving my hair fairly smooth and manageable. I did encounter a few tangles combing it out both in shower and after taking it down from my turbie twist. So I'd venture to say it doesn't offer quite as much slip as the olive conditioner, which is my holy grail at the moment. I did layer some of my olive leave-in conditioner over it for the night and when I did my hair this morning, there was no noticeable change, so I was pleased with that. I like the idea of giving my hair a little strengthening boost every now and then and not have it freak out!

Now for the scent. In the tub and on my hair, it smelled really nice. That fun fruity banana smell. However, I did note that when it hits water, i.e, is rinsed out, there is almost a synthetic, chemical-y undertone. Kinda like a fake banana smell. I even had DH smell my damp hair afterwards to confirm I wasn't going crazy; according to him, it smelled like Banana Laffy Taffy... And it lingered in my hair too. I could still smell it even after applying some of the olive leave-in. Granted, that stuff isn't very strongly scented, so I'm not too surprised the banana smell came through. The scent was definitely strongest while my hair was wet/damp. When I took it down this morning, I caught only the slightest whiff, so it definitely fades as hair dries, or at least it did for me.

I expect this will be very much a YMMV sort of item. Like I said, I used just about half of the small tub, so those who have longer/thicker hair than I do may end up getting even fewer uses from it. While I can't vouch for the whole hair strengthening feature, it's nice to think that it's helping one's hair. I enjoy the fact that this line is cone-free. The smell is something you'll have to decide on for yourself. I am willingly to deal with it every so often to give my hair some pampering.

May have to try the papaya and avocado ones next!

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I bought the Avocado one. Walmart and Walgreens have them here in the USA. I'm thinking of trying it tomorrow. The papaya sounded nice too. No banana for me. I hate the smell and taste of bananas so no way. I had a banana homemade hair conditioner disaster some years back and haven't been able to smell anything banana without gagging. I'm not sure if I'm using the Avocado one as an in shower conditioner or to sit around with it on my hair with a shower cap over it. I might have time to do that tomorrow. I like the other Garnier things I've tried for the most part so I have high hopes for this one. It's only a small tub and I may use the whole thing so there won't be any trying to use up a crappy conditioner I don't like.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Okay, I finally bought some. I settled on the colour vibrancy (goji) one in past because it smells amazing. I think I'll use as a conditioner on my ends and I my scalp with my normal conditioner. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I saw them in a sample sachet attached to shampoo bottle in Walmart ,never tried but curious to know the results.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Update: I think it's a win! I tried it briefly as a leave in the evening before wash night and although it was a bit coated, it overall was soft and nice! So, it's a win

Length
    Pixie/BCL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I've tried both the avacodo and coconut ones as a regular conditioner and as a deep treatment and had great results with both! Has anyone seen the papaya one in the larger tubs? I really want to try it as it smells heavenly but the small tubs are soo wee

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Becs View Post
    I've tried both the avacodo and coconut ones as a regular conditioner and as a deep treatment and had great results with both! Has anyone seen the papaya one in the larger tubs? I really want to try it as it smells heavenly but the small tubs are soo wee
    I'm not sure where you live, but I would try Shoppers Drug Mart if you have one nearby.