Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've got sebum - now what?

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: I've got sebum - now what?

Quote Originally Posted by ReptilianFeline View Post
    FrayedFire - I'll try and bun from having my head down and see if there is a change in how my scalp reacts... I used to get headaches from the hair being pulled in the wrong direction.
    Don't do it so tight -- I do too, and I can only wear buns for longer if they're high enough up on my head (which I prefer regardless, both for aesthetics as well as being able to rest my head against stuff) but after a few days of loose top buns, I got accustomed to it and only get headaches if it's too tight for too long in the wrong spot now.

Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
    There are many ways to preen and different people prefer different ones, but my favorite is to smooth my hands from scalp to ends under running water in the shower. My hair is pretty thick so I like to part it horizontally across the nape of my neck, holding up my hair above the part with one hand and preening with the other. Then I part again a little ways up and continue like that until I reach the top of my head. Like shingles. When I use my BBB (which is pretty rarely) I use the same method but with dry hair. This probably sounds more complicated than it is.
    I think I understand your explanation. Is this something you do before washing your hair or after?

Appart from figuring out what to do with my sebum, I also have to figure out how to keep my hair in a bun now that my hair has so much more slip. It seems to unfurl itself during the day and then I have to redo the bun.

I have trouble cleaning my brushes... they look clean when wet, but when they dry I can still see some sebum and herbal residue on the tines. Very prominent on the black tines of my denman types brush and my tangle teaser typed brush. Should I use some oil to help lift the sebum from the brush or find some harsh detergents?

Curious. Very Curious. Ophidian's Avatar
    Length
    Buzz/FTL+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ReptilianFeline View Post
    I think I understand your explanation. Is this something you do before washing your hair or after?

Appart from figuring out what to do with my sebum, I also have to figure out how to keep my hair in a bun now that my hair has so much more slip. It seems to unfurl itself during the day and then I have to redo the bun.

I have trouble cleaning my brushes... they look clean when wet, but when they dry I can still see some sebum and herbal residue on the tines. Very prominent on the black tines of my denman types brush and my tangle teaser typed brush. Should I use some oil to help lift the sebum from the brush or find some harsh detergents?
    I usually do it in the shower if I am just doing a rinse or WO wash, otherwise, if I'm washing with S&C I tend to do it on dry hair between washes.

Short... SL... APL... MBL...Waist... Hip... Tailbone... Classic... Knee...