Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Might've been wrong about my hair type - thoughts?

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Might've been wrong about my hair type - thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCelestina View Post
    I would say 2c too, possibly you could with some styling get 3a but I tend to think that the true texture is the one that you have most often, not when you try hard to make your hair straighter/curlier, if that makes sense .

Also am I the only one who thinks the letters+number system is not very accurate - for example there are members who have looser curls than I do, but their curls go all the way up their length and there are many on a single strand of hair, so in fact their hair is basically curlier than mine, even though I have tighter curls. Sorry for going off topic.
    Agreed, my hair is straight on top then gets super wavy and then straight again at the ends. So I dont think its very accurate for me anyway.

And judging by those pics OP i'd say your a 2c, you got spirals trying to get out.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

My old eyes didn't deceive me after all! I'd put you in 2c, 2b has more braid waves-like pattern. You seem borderline curly! Very pretty waves!

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    My old eyes didn't deceive me after all! I'd put you in 2c, 2b has more braid waves-like pattern. You seem borderline curly! Very pretty waves!
    lol I appreciate your insistence on it, it made me reconsider!

Thank you so much everyone! I appreciate knowing that the typing system isn't the end-all, be-all. It's a good start though. I think for now I'll go with 2b/2c until I figure it out better. I'm excited to see what I can do with it now that I know it's not just a puffy straight mess haha. I wonder if my obsession with conditioner has been weighing the waves down. I think the henna helped a lot because I only used shampoo for the hair typing test, yet my hair feels super soft and smooth.

I love this community

MBL
    > Goal: Waist / Tailbone
    2b/fine/ii

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

2c definitely and very pretty by the way! Don't be surprised though if the henna pulls out your wave. My hair was 2a/2b before henna now it's a 1C on a good day.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline