View Poll Results: Is wet hair a "good" look?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I wear my hair wet in public

62 20.81%
  • No, but I wear my hair wet in public anyway

133 44.63%
  • Yes, but I don't wear my hair wet in public

16 5.37%
  • No, and I don't wear my hair wet in public

87 29.19%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is wet hair a "good" look?

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I voted yes and I wear my hair wet in public. I have to qualify that by saying it depends on where I am going. If I'm out and doing errands and going places like Walmart I don't care what I look like. I go in sweats or flannel jammie pants and a t shirt a lot of the time. I don't see a big deal about going places like that with wet hair. If I was going to work or someplace nice, no I wouldn't wear it down and wet but I would wear in wet in a braid or bun just about anywhere.

I am not here to decorate your world

Back to my dark side trollkjerring's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/28/43
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I don't go out with wet or damp hair cause I am afraid people think I am not well cared for and I also don't like that look on myself.
    I would never go to work with damp hair down, it just doesn't feel right for me but all this is only true for myself,
    trollkjerring

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I don't wear my hair wet in public unless it's up in a bun or other up-do.
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

I can't really answer... I don't wear my hair down!

I think it's fine on other people, though, I don't think people should be pressured into blowfrying just because.
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!

Length
    16/23.5/30
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

I voted yes but I don't wear my hair wet in public, simply because my hair is so fine/thin that it is always dry within a half hour or so however, I don't think it looks bad on anyone else, it just looks wet!
    1b/f/i
    growing out the sparklies

Length
    Short/BSL/??
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I don't care how it looks but I avoid it in public because I freeze to death! If it's sunny though I'm happy to go out with wet hair and when it was long would frequently soak it then braid it and put a wet bandana on before I went out.
    Pegs

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Sky View Post
    I do like the look of wet hair, but I think its kinda sexy... which may not be very proffessional, so it may not be good to wear to work.
    Agreed. I don't like going to bed with wet/damp hair and my hair is so thick it will stay damp for *hours* so just washing at night is not an option for me. So I shower and wash my hair in the mornings. I work evenings so it typically works out for me. But then when I have errands to run I like to get them out of the way in the mornings, so I will go out with damp hair then. I try to give it at least an hour or so to partially dry but if the length is still wet I don't really care too much. I have gone to work once with soaking wet hair because I had far too much to do earlier in the day and didn't shower till just before heading to work... but I just wore a hat that night and took my comb with me to comb it out as it dried so it wasn't a big deal.

Length
    15"/16"/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I dont think it is a good look at all, and i never wear it out wet, but if im running late, and that is the ONLY option, then so be it.

I HATE

Length
    50"/60"/floor
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

I don't like the look of wet hair on myself or others if it's worn down. In updos it's fine. I also don't like dripping on everything around me if my hair is *really* wet lol. I do still wear it out damp sometimes, if it just hasn't had time to dry after a wash, but I almost always try to do washes in the evening so that doesn't happen.

Secwet Wannabee Wavee Juliet's Silk's Avatar
    Length
    20/35/thick
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Queen View Post
    It is of course a personal matter, but I find wet hair look too much like greasy hair, and someone who does not know you may think your hair are not clean.
    What Celtic Queen said.
    I don't wear my hair wet (and down!) in public although I don't really care what people think, but when it's freshly washed, it's completely undetangled (because I do that only on dry hair) and yeah... don't need that.
    I do feel self conscious whenever I have to be out with wet hair in an updo, because it looks like a grease slick IMHO.

LHC meet Sept. 2006
    Quo vadis?