Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has the tangle teezer lived up to your expectations

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Has the tangle teezer lived up to your expectations

I have a tangle teaser and a knock off. The knockoff will break some hair but the original is great for my hair. My hair is very elastic though so that might have something to do with it.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I found it gave me breakage and was harder to clean than a normal comb, so I'll stick to widetooth combs

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    24/31/37
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I like it, but I don't love it. It works better than a normal brush, but at this moment I only use a wide tooth comb because I'm wearing my hair up anyway.

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I use my TT as a check after using a wide tooth comb and my fingers to detangle. I worried that it scraped over tangles and broke hairs rather than detangling and preserving hair. I use it right before using my BBB to make sure I have all the tiny little tangles out before I run the BBB through my hair.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    Waist/Clasc/?
    Type
    3a/M/ii

I want to like it but both it broke my hair both wet with conditioner and dry. For dry, I brushed it over my white sink and counter and saw tiny pieces and when wet it just broke larger pieces. So it has been retired. I use combs and fingers. My hair is not particularly fragile and has no splits or visible damage.

and PrinceVesuvius (Cat) PrincessBob's Avatar
    Length
    21"/70.5"/69"
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I adore the Tangle Teezer. I literally never would have grown past waist without it. Using the Tangle Teezer I do get split ends, but nothing like the intense breakage from the paddle brush I used to use. I cannot use combs very effectively though, so if you can YMMV.

When I first got it I thought it was just okay. My hair is quite thick, so I had to learn how to section my hair for brushing with it. After a couple weeks of going "this thing is alright" I tried to use my paddle brush and I was done with the paddle brush forever, the experience was so awful after the gentle detangling I had grown accustomed to.
    Last edited by PrincessBob; December 6th, 2014 at 01:44 PM.
    The Cereduin ♫Melody Maker♪ and Bard
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights and
    CrochetWizard
    Credit Avatar:LemonJolly 2015 / Credit Siggy: Snuggles, September 2015

Length
    Chin/WL/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I love my TT. Seriously, I can easily get away with deangling with it, as long as I don't have any huge tangles. I haven't noticed any breakage. I've actually bought myself the compact version n addition to the original one, as I miss my TT when I'm out and I'm not brave enough to take my regular TT without protection

Length
    shoul/waist/40
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

I seeing that some people using tangle teezer twice a week I've been using it twice a day maybe that's took much for my poor head of hair

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by vega View Post
    Hi guys ive been using tangle teezer since July 2013 but am considering departing from it for a while and just going back to standard wide tooth comb , I think most of my hair breakage is due to tangle teezer and it makes a horrible grinding noise, I'm having to get micro trims every four months and I think it's all due to the tangle teezer, I want this brush to be my holy grail but I believe I'm getting damaged hair from it, what do you guys think of it
    If you want to protect your hair, then a wide tooth comb is the most protective tool you can use.

Why? Common sense. An illustration: A tangle teaser has scads of these little plastic bristles, which create friction when you brush (as do all brushes). I have never actually sat down and counted each one on the Tangle Teaser I bought for my cats.

A wide tooth comb, on the other hand, depending on how long it is, has "x" number of tines and widely spaced ones at that!

What hair tool do you think would be more protective (providing you use it correctly?). If your hair tool has less opportunities for catching in your hair, don't you think it would be MORE protective? I think so, and that is what I have found in more than 40 years worth of experience using different kinds of combs..and several different pure boar bristle brushes. I swear by my brushes, as all of you know, but for curly hair, the most protective tool you can use is a good, no seam, wide tooth comb. Madora makes a beautiful one. You can also find good ones at Sally's Beauty Supply. Speert international makes beautiful combs too, all handmade. Whatever you decide, be sure your comb is suited for the task at hand. Not all combs can be used for all purposes (don't get a wooden comb wet; beware of combs made of horn. If you drop it, there is a good chance it might break, making it useless).

Length
    6/32/47
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I switched from my (orange!) TT to a wide tooth comb when I discovered I could be gentler with the comb. My hair is most tangle-prone already and the TT seemed like a good solution at first. I learned that a wide tooth comb is more effective for my hair type, wet or dry. I keep a wide tooth comb at home and another in my purse, while my (orange!) TT remains on the seldom-used shelf.
    Buíochas mo chroi orm from Lady Tae of The Rose Path , of the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    #TimesUp! #MeToo #Resist