Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to find good trim person

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: How to find good trim person

I would also suggest to try self trimming. It´s really not as hard as it sounds and if you have questions after reading Feye´s tutorial you know a place to ask.
    If you do not want to selftrim, the idea with the Barber shop is very good. Preferably one with lots of experience where the owner still cuts hair like he did 40years ago when the shop opened. Far away from the inner city. Those are usually very relaxed places and they´ll do what their customers want, instead of what they think looks best. Good thing is that they are often much cheaper and do usually not insist on washing, blowdrying and "style" your hair, aka loading your hair with products and blowdry it in shape to hide what they just did. Stay away from every place which looks fashionable, fancy or modern in any way, usually is the safest bet.

Length
    13/29/60
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I found the "cheap" places work for me. The pricey salons will add 10-20 bucks on for a long hair cut and all they do is run the scissors across the bottom or cut your hair the length they think you should have. I went to one once where I told the stylist to cut 1to 2 inches off and she some how came up with 12. I walked out speechless and in shock. Once that first cut was made there was no going back.

Length
    13?/26.5?/??
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gdimoonbeam View Post
    I found the "cheap" places work for me. The pricey salons will add 10-20 bucks on for a long hair cut and all they do is run the scissors across the bottom or cut your hair the length they think you should have. I went to one once where I told the stylist to cut 1to 2 inches off and she some how came up with 12. I walked out speechless and in shock. Once that first cut was made there was no going back.
    oh my goodness! yes - this is another thing I fear. I am off to review the method recommended.
    (Although before I even review, I am wondering if it will work as well on curly/ uncontrollable hair)

thank you so much for all the ideas so far!

PS if there are any north side Chicagoans around with any recommendations - or who know how and have good scissors - hint hint