Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Up or down for photos?

Tapioca

Default Re: Up or down for photos?

Quote Originally Posted by LeaM07 View Post
    I was wearing my hair in a braid a few years ago when getting mine taken and was asked to put it on my shoulder so it could be seen in the picture. The person at the DMV seemed to think it was a good idea, as it is a distinguishing feature. Maybe visible long hair is useful as protection against identity theft?
    I had something similar when I had my picture taken for my Red Cross card. My hair was loose, but the lady asked me to pull it forward over one shoulder.

Length
    APL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

I wear my hair down for ID pics. Always.

(But whatever I do it's disastrous, somehow - I have some kind of curse on me when it comes to ID photos, and I'm not kidding! My old passport photo was taken the day I got braces and I looked like an alien. My current passport photo was taken when I was very sick with glandular fever and I was unable to open my eyes more than halfway. I looked absolutely stoned. It's such a HUGE embarrassment having to present it at every job interview. Waaaaaagh.)

...calling on the flying things of the universe & hoping not too many of them are pigeons...

Length
    1/TB!!/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I used to wear mine down for the yearly school photos so I could compare the length later. Of course, that only worked until my hair outgrew the crop of the picture.

I haven't had any ID card/passport type pictures taken in a couple of years now, so I don't know what I'd do. I'd likely just wear it up, since that's what I usually do. (I also don't mind the way I look with my hair pulled back.) Unless of course I wasn't allowed to. I guess I'll find out in a couple of years, when my passport expires.
    2abc/f/ii, almost done growing out henna after 5+ years. Maintaining at tailbone in an attempt to thicken up the ends.
    ~ Blog ~ Albums ~ Style articles ~

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

In my drivers license picture I have 3inch short hair, spiky and standing straight up not to mention itīs 10 years old. My passport picture is with hair up in a bun. For my ID card itīs down with visible ears, only because they asked me to take it down and behind my ears for the pic. I did not wear it like this normally, but it was one of the requirements (as was not smiling).
    For pictures I wear my hair in exactly the way Iīm wearing it in general. Bun mostly or in a braid, which you can not see anyways in a front picture. It looks good, I like it that way and thatīs how I am. And I do not think taking my hair down makes me look "better" in any way, than with my hair up still same face.

Length
    shld/27.5/fairy
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

With the new ID-photo rules, we can not wear our hair down, unless the ears are visible.
    I even know of a lady with a lot of curly hair and relatively flat ears, who had to put something behind her ears because they weren't visible enough. It took her around 5 sets of photographs until they accepted her photo's.
    It is even harder with newbornes. They have to look straight into the camera, but you are not allowed to support their heads with your hand

I hate to have my picture taken, but I soon will have to because I ran out of id-photo's lately.

ETA: id-photo rules in Dutch. Even if you don't understand Dutch, you can see the pictures for examples....
    Last edited by Niphredil; September 18th, 2008 at 04:49 AM. Reason: link added
    ~ Regrowing & Growing-out Henna ~ Current Length | 25.4" (May 2012)
    shld | apl | bsl | wst | hip | tb | class | ft
    Lady Aibell of the Silent Song Harp in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    1mm/term?/:/
    Type
    3b/C/ii

Always down.

Length
    3/16/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I like to wear mine down for pictures. I rarely look good in pictures with my hair up.

Length
    40+/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I'm another who wears it down of pictures. I look like an alien if I take one of those oh-so-unflattering ones with my hair up. Down is usually okay.
    Lady Angellen, Bound Raven in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I am the Vampire Queen

Length
    28/32/36
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Yes, UP for ID pics, easier to figure out me. I'm not trying to be someone else! Who could be fooled anyways.
    Half-ups for family pics.
    Down for just ME showing off my healthy locks. Okay, maybe I am allowed a wee bit o' brag time for my LHC beautiful hair.
    -mao

ETA- /HIJACK/
    This guy who I am into has totally rocking hot ears. Who would have thought it, shaved bald makes them so HOT. Sorry Niphredil helped me hijack this thread!
    /END HIJACK & CRUSH STUFF!/
    Last edited by alligatorbaby23; September 20th, 2008 at 02:17 AM. Reason: ETA : about ears!

Length
    28/32/36
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

A little funny side story.
    A few years back, I actually found one of those pony hair thingees/ ratt under my seat when I needed to sit down to take my picture for a ID.
    I thought some man had actually lost his toupee!

Needless to say I thought it was kinda gross and unsanitary, thank goodness ID pics are taken standing up now, at least where I stay, in Ohio!

Just A Yuck Moment for You All!