Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with eczema

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: Problem with eczema

Quote Originally Posted by Wosie View Post
    I've also noticed that my hair gets way drier when I use Nizoral (I use Ketoconazol, but it's basically the same thing), so I avoid using it... Even though my scalp truly needs some help sometimes. I just can't stand my hair getting much drier.

How do you fight the itch, by the way? Except for Nizoral?
    Anti inflammatory diet for longer term relief, cold compresses (eg gel packs stored in the refrigerator) for short term, generally avoiding heat (cooler water, no lengthy towel turbans). Could try scalp treatments with live natural yoghurt or raw honey.

If your doctor agrees and you are happy to use them either a topical corticosteroid or antihistamine tablet.
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.

Length
    SL/WL/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Problem with eczema

I use zantac/zyrtec combo that controls histamine release (150mg of zantac twice a day, 20 mg of zyrtec once a day), controls the itch pretty well and I use topical dexamethasone when it gets truly out of hand though I use it as little as possible as it's made with rubbing alcohol.

Here's a pic of what the eczema looks like on my face:

Spots on my head: