Page 2 of 271 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Modifications, repairs, & beautification options [painting] for Ficcares and fakkares

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Modifications, repairs, & beautification options [painting] for Ficcares and fakk

Excellent work Chen! You do have a taste for those dainty and delicate pastels. They look fabulous in your dark hair. I think the pink marbled is my favorite-- it has a gentle ladylike impression with some fun pearlescence that makes it more playful (and dimensional). The green is really pretty too tho with its subtle variations in color. Again, I bet it pops in your hair.
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Modifications, repairs, & beautification options [painting] for Ficcares and fakk

If anyone would be willing to pick me up some of these Old Navy Fakkares to play around with, please send me a PM I'll happily cover the cost and shipping <3

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Nightshade as usual i'm such a fan of your taste in Ficcare. I'm still tempted to get the fox glove design on my silver border maximas. Alas, if only I had a spare I wouldn't hesitate to get it done! Still, I love looking at your pictures as usual.

Chen I love your taste as well with the designs you have accomplished. I definitely love both pieces on you and I think any bright colors will look stunning on you. And I know you'd like to get darker pieces even though I think that lighter colors look more flattering on your lovely curls.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Painted copper fakkare in friend's hair.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Fakkare painted blue with testor paint. I did not like this color on me and gave this one away.

That testor paint was flat, not gloss. It got a bit shinier when varnished but I also didn't like how flat it was.
    Last edited by Anje; November 18th, 2013 at 06:04 PM.

All these pictures are so beautiful!! Chen bao jun, could you please explain how you did your pink marble clip? I have a gold matte Ficcare I would love to do something similar with but in a different color.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

I thought I had some other shots but cannot find them on photobucket (which I am not very good at using yet).
    I sand the Karina fakkares clean, then apply either nail polish or testor gloss paint with a small sponge brush, about 1 inch wide. If it is testor paint, I let it dry a whole day before applying another coat and only apply two coats, then wait three to five days before applying testor gloss spray varnish.
    Nail polish, you can do another coat in a couple of hours. Make sure it is free running and don't bother to try with the little nail brush, that's just frustration.
    I used dollar store nail polish, it may be thinner.
    The paint can be gotten off with paint thinner and the clip sanded and done again if you aren't happy.
    I've never done actual Ficcares, but I'd be willing to try one now when I get enough money to buy a plain silver or gold maximas (and one is available somewhere).

Quote Originally Posted by chen bao jun View Post
    I thought I had some other shots but cannot find them on photobucket (which I am not very good at using yet).
    I sand the Karina fakkares clean, then apply either nail polish or testor gloss paint with a small sponge brush, about 1 inch wide. If it is testor paint, I let it dry a whole day before applying another coat and only apply two coats, then wait three to five days before applying testor gloss spray varnish.
    Nail polish, you can do another coat in a couple of hours. Make sure it is free running and don't bother to try with the little nail brush, that's just frustration.
    I used dollar store nail polish, it may be thinner.
    The paint can be gotten off with paint thinner and the clip sanded and done again if you aren't happy.
    I've never done actual Ficcares, but I'd be willing to try one now when I get enough money to buy a plain silver or gold maximas (and one is available somewhere).
    Thank you I wouldn't have thought to use a sponge brush, good tip. To get the marble affect, did you use two colors and swirl the lighter one around a bit while still wet?

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Nail polish marbling-- a little girl taught me how to do this. The trick is to apply side by side blobs of nail polish. I used one flat neutral color and a shiny apricot, I think it was. You make sure the clip is secure (Karina clips come attached to a cardboard that I paint them on), put down the blobs fast and use a toothpick to swirl them slightly together and then let the clip dry very thoroughly. You cannot do a second coat. I put clear nail hardener polish by Sally Hansen on my clip the next morning.
    If it comes out ugly, simply use paint thinner to take it off and try it again. It does not hurt the clip to be cleaned and repainted.
    I was originally trying to put down a thick coat of the flat nail polish and put drops of the other over it, but that doesn't work, you have to put both down side by side.
    Hope that helps.

Thank you! That does help, a lot. I'm going to try this. It sounds fun