Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How do/did you decide on your goal length?

Length
    Chin/TBL/44+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Default Re: How do/did you decide on your goal length?

Wow Madora - that picture is really pretty!

I decided on somewhere between tailbone and classic by looking at pictures of other people and seeing what appealed to me most. I'm still not quite sure of my exact goal length but I'll stay at tailbone for a while when I get there to thicken the ends and then see if I want to go longer - I can always cut back to TBL anyway
    <--Growing wavy virgin TBL hair, with long compact cut layers to Classic. 2b/M/C/ii low porosity.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I knew a girl with hiplength, very beautiful and healthy hair, and I made a bet with her that some day I would grow my hair longer than hers!
    That was maybe 5 years ago and I've done a lot of stupid things with my hair since then, but it would be cool in a couple of years if I actually would reach her length.. I aim for waist rather than hiplength, but I'm much taller than her :P

Length
    12"/65"/60"
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

When I joined LHC I chose a goal that seemed really far-fetched at the time. I based it on watching videos of people brushing their knee-length hair, and being concerned I could not do it well, so my stated goal (45" as I recall) is about fingertip length on me. I thought, well, if it's the same length as my arms, I should be able to brush and braid it and so on. I thought I would not be able to work with it, were it longer than that.

Like with anything, the more you learn about it, the more you change your mind. I'm still sticking with fingertip, but I'll just have to see when I get there. If my hair is a burden, I'll cut it back to where I like it. So far, to my astonishment, the longer it has gotten the easier it is to deal with, for some odd reason. So at this point I will strive to reach fingertip length, and once I get there, I'll consider my options and possibly change my mind.

Length
    20/waist/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/C/iii

I make decisions based on what looks good on me. Last year, I had my big chop to collarbone and I started taking pictures ever since. The lengths I like thus far are posted in my album so I can look back on them without the worry about them getting deleted. I know I want somewhere between WL and CL so, I will compare until I like what I see
    Lady Juliet, Guardian of Peace in Order of the Long Hair Knights.

Length
    22/26/33
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Well I liked the idea of growing mine ALMOST to my butt. I didn't know how many inches that was, so I took out a tape measure and got 33". I guess I've always just liked hair that length, especially because I was close to it in 8th grade before I acted like a dunce and cut all my hair off over a boy.

Length
    26/54/56
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

When I joined LHC, my hair was pretty close to TBL. At that point I wasn't really wanting to cut my hair, just learn some better ways to take care of it, because I'd never had hair that long before. At the time, I kept seeing gorgeous photos on here of classic length hair. I saw some very pretty classic hair at a convention shortly after, and that was when I decided to make that my official goal. But I chose it, not just because I loved the look of it, but because it was a mid-term, realistic, achievable goal.

Of course, a couple of months before I hit that goal, I decided I wanted to keep growing to knee. Again I kept seeing photos around the site and watching videos of gorgeous hair and wondering how my hair would look at that length. Since I was already in the "just keep growing" mindset, I figured why not? It's a longer-term goal, but still realistic and achievable, though I've decided I'll be happy with my length even if I hit terminal tomorrow.
    Starting Length: APL (Nov 2009)
    Max Length: Knee (56")
    Current Length: Classic (46")

Length
    24/44/45
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

When I first found this place and tried to make an account, a year ago, my hair was waist length. I decided I wanted to have longer hair so I could put it up in buns a little more easily, I was aiming for hip length. Now I'm just about tailbone length (I think?) and I want mid thigh length hair, for no real season other than to have it. I think the most frustrating part is trying to grow out my bangs at the same time, they reach to the tip of my nose now.

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

When I joined I was already past classic...when the question came up for the profile, I answered floor-length for lack of a better answer. After I spent years at my join length of 53" I added '*' to the 77in since it was past what I though was terminal. I haven't taken the '*' off now I am growing again...and I don't think I would cut if I made it to 77".

2b-2a/C/iii 61"/155cm/growing fitfully longer
    LJ - Blog
    Unless specified otherwise, I am speaking as a member, not a moderator

Length
    chin/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Before I joined I wanted TBL hair because I thought that that was the longest I wanted... but now I really want at least classic. I'm thinking mid-thigh.
    Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone | APL | BSL | Waist

Now growing for fun!

Type
    2b/F/ii

The longest my hairs' ever been is about BSL in middle school. I haven't seen that length since then though, and would be thrilled to see it again. But I decided to just take the next milestone step from my "current record" and go for waist.