Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: African black soap as shampoo - ooh, won't do that again.

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: African black soap as shampoo - ooh, won't do that again.

I'm not a fan of it either. I purchased some time ago organic, fairtrade black african soap bar with no added ingredients, very pure in fact, so I thought it will be great for my hair/body. It burned my skin. It never happened to me before with any product. My face was red and burning like after acid peel. I will never touch this stuff again. Not sure why did it happen as I've heard that people are really happy with this soap. Maybe it was just one off faulty product???

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: African black soap as shampoo - ooh, won't do that again.

Agnieszka, yikes! I'm sorry you had that experience. The other possibility is that you might be allergic to one of the ingredients. Not fun either way!

Just to be clear, since there seem to be different brands of the stuff around, the African Black Soap I referred to in my previous post is this stuff (though I don't get it from Amazon as shipping to Europe would be prohibitive). Here are the ingredients as per the Amazon page:

Pure Honey, Shea Butter, Osun (camwood), Palmkernel Oil, Cocoa Pod Ash, Palm Bunch Ash, Glycerine, Aloe Vera, Lime Juice & Oil, Lemon Juice & Oil, Water & Fragrance.

I've used it on my skin on a daily basis for almost two years now, I think, and it's my favourite soap ever. I'm really loving the fact that my hair likes it too.