Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I just put some olive oil in my hair...

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: I just put some olive oil in my hair...

I like EVOO except for the scent. Coconut oil works just as well (for me), and I like the scent, so coconut oil it is.

Length
    CL/CL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Yeah, I guess I have to do some reseach to see if there are any nice oils I could add to give it some more feminine smell. Right now I actually smell like a hint of burnt plastic....like the coconut better in that way. That smells heavenly (in my opinion, others find it sickening)
    My journey from APL til BSL
    (Please do not wear fur, I have seen horrible things)

Length
    BSL/MBL/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I used EVOO yesterday and still haven't got it out yet. Might try CO today and see if that works. I haven't noticed a dramatic change but I'll see after I wash today. Hmmm...

i think ill do the catnip first and then this. not washing till tomorrow night so it all has to wait.
    2b. Lighten with Sun In.

Length
    pixie/waist/clssc
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I am sitting here with a head full of EVOO too!
    I love what it does for my hair, and I always have it around for cooking so a multitasker!
    The smell, well yea, its not a smell you would seek out for your hair. I smell like a deep fryer at the moment and now I want french fries, lol.
    For those having trouble getting all the oil out, first, don't go crazy glopping it on, you really just need a slight even coating on all the hair. Easier said than done though, I know, I always end up a bit on the heavy handed side!
    CO washing will get it out, but DO NOT wet the hair first! Apply your condish of choice (I use VO5 Tea Therapy) to the dry oiled hair, you will go through quite a bit. Let that sit on your hair for at least 10 minutes, I usually keep the condish on about 20 min, under plastic and a towel.
    Then rinse out. I almost never have to redo the process unless I have really gone nuts with the oil, even then, one more quick CO will take out the rest.
    Dry hair+condish, works for me!
    Nothing says a mothers love like a giant robotic platypus butt

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I tend to find olive oil too viscous and more finicky on the not-enough/too-much balance than, say, sesame oil. (Mind you, that's as a leave-in.) In my observation, though, it seems like curlier types like more viscous oils than straighter hair types.

ETA, 3 months later: You know, strike what I said above... I tried EVOO again for the first time in a couple years, and I like it much more than I remember liking it. Maybe my hair's preferences or my oil application technique or expectations have changed, but now I like the stuff a lot!
    Last edited by Anje; February 18th, 2011 at 08:36 AM.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I looooove extra virgin olive oil.
    I oil around twice - three times a week. Never tried any other oil, and I don't really feel the need to since this is so good!

Length
    SL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Im putting olive oil on my hair tomorrow before I shower! It does work great for my hair as a deep treatment but its too 'heavy' for me to wear outside (it turns me into a giant greaseball!) I think I use it about once a week maybe once every two weeks for an 30mins to an hour depending how much time i have

I use coconut oil on my hair if I know I will be going outside during the day
    ♫And I know that we've still got time, But I do not think we're invincible!♫
    Finally BSL Next stop waist!

Length
    short/Butt/There
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by linnepinne View Post
    And one more positive thing is that the more I oil my hair, the more oil it can handle! When I just started oiling, the oils would creep up my hairs and give me greasy scalp on the same day, and I could only use the tiniest drop to not feel lika a total grease ball. But now, I can oil my hair every/ every other day and still go 3-4 days between washes
    Heeey, I noticed the same thing! When I first started I was a total grease ball, and now I can use a lot of it and hair looks normal.
    I love it!

My Dream Hair - My Own Hair...

Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I love evoo! Lately because it is getting colder I do a deep hot oil treatment every week. I mix evoo, coconut oil, caster oil and clear aloe gel. My scalp ans hair love it.