Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you henna your roots?

compulsive stuff-maker walterSCAN's Avatar
    Length
    15"/~TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: How often do you henna your roots?

Wow! You guys are a lot more dedicated than I am... I usually go ~3 months between hennas, mainly because I can't be bothered with the whole process any more often than that. It's been even less frequent since I got pregnant with my son. (As a result I have SERIOUS roots to take care of each time. ) I generally do whole head applications every time, though we do focus on the roots. My hair had no wave/ curl to start with, so I don't worry about that.

(hennahead)

Length
    chin/APL/MBL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I henna every 3 months, full head application every time. My hair is dark brown, so the roots don't really show. I have 2c/3a hair, and my curls have not become relaxed from henna.

This is so me, and trust me, I can find a mm of white roots within three days of just doing henna if I use the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by tbonita View Post
    I henna/(hendigo now I guess) every week. I love the process, and my hair is just minimally wavy; when it was long I didn't have a loss of waves from it. I can't see a millimeter of grey or I'll freak! Haha

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

every couple of weeks, although due to the fact that I can't get any raj, I'm going to have to stretch my last packet it seems

roll on February...

Length
    3/23/26
    Type
    3c/F/M/i/ii

I do it about every two weeks, to cover white hair and to build on my colour and condition it.

Length
    24 in/48in/term
    Type
    1b/F/i

I have plenty of grey on top, and I should probably do my roots every 4 weeks. But it's such a hassle, I frequently stretch it out to 6 weeks or so, whenever I just can't stand the roots any more. I do roots only most of the time, but I will gloss my length every so often. Hendigo/cassia has a profound effect on the thickness and texture of my hair. It has taken some of the "bounce" out of my hair, so it doesn't take bun or braid waves as readily. It has almost doubled the thickness of my hair. The texture and thickness effects seem to wear off every few months, and that's why I do an occasional gloss.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'd say I touch up my roots every three weeks or so

gosh if it doubles thickness, I might now try a henna gloss on the length, but gosh how much henna would that take, it could get expensive!! How long would you say the "Thickening" effect lasts, a couple months?? Since it stays in the hair permanently, wouldn't it maintain the extra thickness from henna throughout it's growth?? I Henna-ed my whole head two years ago. That was the last time.

Length
    BSL/BCL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I'm getting lazier and lazier and I only do my roots every 6 weeks or so now when I have about 1" of growth. There's not a big demarcation between my natural color and hennaed hair and I have no gray hair.
    1a/m/ii, going to classic!
    Ficcare Database - send me your photos by PM!

Length
    BSL/Chin/Chin
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I want to do it once a month, but usually end up going several months between each henna. I'm doing one today, after not hennaing since.. September? I think last time was in September, or maybe October. It's mainly because it takes ages to rinse out the mud, and so much of it gets stuck in my length despite only doing the roots. I've tried holding the length up while rinsing, but it doesn't help. Today I'm doing a SMT on the length to see if that makes a difference.
    Thunder and lightning won’t change what I’m feeling, and the daffodils look lovely today
    From tbl+ to short bob