Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Redken Diamond Oil

Type
    3c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Redken Diamond Oil

I purchased this.

I cannot say enough good things about it. Honestly. I have the intense version and have had a week of good hair days.

A friend purchased it on my recommendation and she likes it a lot also.

It doesn't make my hair look greasy like every other oil I have tried.

If this is ever discontinued I will probably cry.

It still costs way too much considering the ingredients, but I won't buy it in a store next time. That was stupid of me but it was so intriguing.

Eta: The dropper in the bottle is not very good. It would be better to be cheaper in a simple bottle with a normal dropper.
    Last edited by Etna; July 28th, 2013 at 09:31 AM.

Thx for your review Etna- sounds great. Im really tempted to buy it!

Length
    12.5/16/23
    Type
    1a/F/i

Samples of this are available on ebay for $5.

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I'm sure it works beautifully and the bottle looks nice. But I've just looked at the list of ingredients and the only oils in it are:
    - sunflower oil
    - olive oil
    - jojoba oil
    - coconut oil
    - camelina sativa oil
    - coriander oil
    - apricot kernel oil
    - tocopherol (vitamin e)

I don't like any other ingredients listed (preservatives, perfume). The list of ingredients really reminds me of a very expensive nail & cuticle oil I used before doing research and buying my carrier and essential oils. I think I can easily make my own blend out of these oils, avoiding the bad stuff and for a fraction of the price.

Type
    3c/M/C/ii

Let us know how you go meteor. I can't get results like this with any of those oils on their own. I have tried most of them too and preferred coconut oil over the rest, but it tended to make my hair stringy quickly, so I suspect my success with the diamond oil must be something to do with the ratios/combination. Like everything else, others may not have the same success and for an expensive purchase like this that is something to keep in mind.

Any updates?

Length
    14"/BSL/30"
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I am very intrigued by this thread. We sell this oil in the salon where I just started working. I get 50% off so it may or may not be my first purchase there. We sell it regularly for $40.
    Jaw - Chin - SL - CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - Waist
    2b M ii
    Forever Trimming by the Moon.

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I can't wait to try it. I love the Pureology Precious Oil Serum and imagine the Redken will be similar.
    I am going to order the Redken next month (if I can wait that long) and will post result.

Anyone else tried it lately?
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Length
    shldr/shldr/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I'd like to try this! I have a deluxe sample of Pureology's Precious Oil Serum and like Erin, I also think this would be similar. My shopping list just keeps on growing..

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Mine too. I need to stay off the internet as it is getting expensive seeing all these products.

Do you like the Pureology? I have a ton of oils for general hair treatments but for styling I like the professional blends. The Pureology is lighter and makes my hair shiner somehow. So for styling I use that and panacea. I wonder why the blends seems to add more shine? I had to check the ingredients like 9 times to prove there were no silicones. Maybe its just me applying it differently or something but it is different in a way I cannont describe.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013