Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite SLS free shampoos?

Length
    Chin/~APL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Favorite SLS free shampoos?

I like Kiss My Face whenever shampoo (green tea and lime). It was $10 for 32 fl.oz. (946ml) at a grocery store near my house. It smells really good and works great. I have also tried Everyday Shea Moisturizing Shampoo (Vanilla Mint) which was also $10 for 32 fl.oz. I liked this one too for when my hair is really dry.
    Growing out again
    2b-c/M/ii

Length
    23.75/24/30
    Type
    2a/F/i

I second Live Clean. It's a Canadian brand that is slowly making its way into the US. In Canada I get it at Walmart for about $6-$7 a bottle. I've been using various different ones that they sell for a year now and I've loved them all!

Henna gone, at APL now!
    You often meet your destiny on the road you've taken to avoid it

Length
    12 in/26 in/32
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

I have another question. Are all sulfates bad? I looked at some dollar store shampoos and saw ammonium laurel sulfate or something like it. Are those just as bad? Worse?

I also looked at my local Sprouts and found some shampoos that were sulfate free, but I didn't remember any of the brand names being mentioned here.

Also I tried some Kirk's castile bar soap in my hair one time. Seemed to clean it without stripping it or making it squeaky or coarse or leaving a residue. Has anyone else tried that?

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by angelgypsy View Post
    I have another question. Are all sulfates bad? I looked at some dollar store shampoos and saw ammonium laurel sulfate or something like it. Are those just as bad? Worse?

I also looked at my local Sprouts and found some shampoos that were sulfate free, but I didn't remember any of the brand names being mentioned here.

Also I tried some Kirk's castile bar soap in my hair one time. Seemed to clean it without stripping it or making it squeaky or coarse or leaving a residue. Has anyone else tried that?
    Sulfates aren't "bad" at all. They are simply too harsh or drying for SOME people. If you've previously used sulfates and had no bad reaction, there's no reason to not continue to use them! Some people even have negative reactions to sulfate-free shampoos. I personally can use sulfate and sulfate free products without a problem.

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Sulfate free shampoos I know of:
    Organix
    Shea Moisture
    Shikai
    Aubrey Organics
    Renpure Organics
    L'oreal Everpure, Evercreme, Everstrong, & Eversleek
    Garnier Fructis makes a sulfate-free line, I forget the name of it
    Everyday Shea
    Everyday Coconut
    Giovanni
    Avalon Organics
    Nature's Gate

There really are a ton out there. Almost every shampoo you'll find in a health food store is likely to be sulfate free.

Length
    21/24/32
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I use this Australian brand called Graham's. It really helped reduce my seborrhoeic dermatitis along with ACV. I have used Urtekram in the past but somehow my scalp just didn't respond well to it.
    I can remember I've once asked on a hairforum(not on LHC) about ALS and I was told it was harsher than SLS. I don't know if sulfates are really bad, they're just really harse like somehow already pointed out. Anyway, I'm not a big fan nowadays, but that's just my personal opinion. I used to swear by a SLS shampoo, but now that I've been using more natural shampoos my scalp and my hair just go haywire when I use a SLS shampoo. I don't know why, but I do know there are more people who have that experience. But then again, I've also had allergic reactions to natural shampoos, so no sulfates doesn't always mean better I guess.

Length
    21/24/32
    Type
    1b/F/ii

*someone My apologies, I'm still not authorized to edit my posts and thereby my frequently made mistakes. :P

Length
    26/28/35
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

i like the shampoo bars from chagrin valley

Length
    jaw/SL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I have tried soooooo many SLS free shampoos but by FAR the best ever are the ones from Toadstool on etsy
    Long hair/ natural hair care friendly hair stylist

Type
    2c/M/ii

I like Loreal Everpure. I have recently tried Shea Mositure Moisture Retention Shampoo. My hair looks fine after washing with it, but I still think it feel greasy. It would probably be great with for someone with dry hair, though.
    Kristen
    I've made it to waist! On my way to hip!