View Poll Results: What's your favourite "short" length?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buzzed

8 7.92%
  • Pixie

12 11.88%
  • Bob

21 20.79%
  • Shoulder

17 16.83%
  • APL

16 15.84%
  • BSL

21 20.79%
  • MBL

25 24.75%
  • Cheese!

8 7.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite length before waist?

Default Re: What's your favourite length before waist?

I love short hair, Robin Wright's hair in House of Cards was the reason I chopped off two feet of hair.

If it didn't require such frequent trims and result in such brutal growing out phases when I decide to go longer again, I would happily go back to a short cut.

Length
    Chin/APL/TBD
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

I've lived most of my life in a chin-length bob.
    When I was a kid it was mostly because it didn't tangle as much, but as an adult I've liked it just because I think it's cute and fun, and I think it suits me.

But I like my shoulder length hair a lot more than I thought it would when I was growing it out!

I think any length can look good on anyone if it's cut well and mantained properly. I realize now that part of why I didn't like my longer hair in high school was that I would rip through it with a big brush and cause a lot of breakage. I thought it didn't matter much because my hair is thick, but the QUALITY of my hair is so much better. Seriously, I found an old picture and I was sort of horrified and how awful the ends were!
    So I'm happy to have it longer now that it's well taken care of.

Type
    2a/C/ii

I picked "bob", but that's not what I would call it myself necessarily. I really like neck-length hair on me, and that's been the reason to all my cuts in the past. It's such a pain to maintain though, and my hair won't behave at that length.

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Estrid View Post
    I picked "bob", but that's not what I would call it myself necessarily. I really like neck-length hair on me, and that's been the reason to all my cuts in the past. It's such a pain to maintain though, and my hair won't behave at that length.
    I love neck length on myself as well, I'm really excited to get there again! It's the shortest my hair can be while consistently showing the waves.
    Just trying to get by

Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

The longest my hair has ever been is waist length. I cut it to kind of a pixie, it grew to Bob length and I again got a pixie and it grew again to a Bob. I then shaved my head and that was the best feeling I've ever head (pun intended).

Length
    SL/KL+/KL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

If I cut back, I wouldn't see myself going shorter than BSL, so I voted that. When I grew my hair out from shoulder, BSL felt like the first length where my hair felt somewhat long. I have weak 2a waves that tend to just make my ends really flicky at shorter lengths, so anything shorter than BSL annoys me. My hair *starts* to sit nicely against my body at that length.

I like BSL a lot on other people, I think it's a cute length.
    mbl - wl - hl - bcl - tbl - cl - ftl - mtl -kl

54"

Length
    ear/class/floor
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

I ticked shoulder, but I mean something a bit shorter, but not really a bob. Like an inch over the shoulders. Sometimes I liked having an angled bob that was shoulder length at the longest parts, too.

I found my hair a real pain at every length between that and about waist length. Shorter is fine too, though I get annoyed keeping on top of trims, but it's that inbetween bit where it's long enough to tangle but not long enough for easy buns that I really didn't like!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Honestly. A buzz cut, because between there and waist, it was a pain to get the hair to stay up and loose hair annoys me But favorite hairstyle was a side cut 1/2 shaved) with the rest of the hair around ear lenght. But what a pain it was to maintain it!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Lullaby of Obliteration
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Chin

The longest I've had my hair is APL/BSL so to me those will be my first real serious goal to get to

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I voted cheese. Because I never had a favorite.
    I have grown. and attempted to regrow long hair quite a few times. Pretty much my whole life actually. Never been longer than hip if you can even count the 20 hairs that made it that far.
    I never felt like my hair was long until at least waist. Every time that I have cut to shorter lengths APL, BSL and just past the shoulders once. I always hated my hair and all I could think was my hair is so short. I never learned how to style it, or even like it. I would just wait for it to grow back.

This time I feel better about my choices and am determined to enjoy every length. I loved APL and had it nicely shaped. It looked good. Now I am enjoying BSL and its actually starting to feel long. It's full and healthy as can be for my bleached hair.
    My goal is TBL with full hemline.