Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do people hate castor oil?

Default Re: Why do people hate castor oil?

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I use castor oil and nothing else every day to wash my face. My skin loves it, and I don't need moisturizer anymore. Win! Win!
    Ive been wanting to try oil cleansing, i use a face wash that does both oil and soap cleansing at the same time so you dont have to do the two step method, and its the only thing that works for my skin. The 30$ price tag is a lot for me though. How do you actually get just oil to clean your skin? If you know any good places to start for beginners i would appreciate it

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Castor oil is too sticky and heavy on my hair. Worked great on my mannequin head though.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

Castor oil doesnt spread in my hair, thats the only reason why I don't use it. It just gets concentrated at a few spots and the rest will still be dry. But I just started using it for my lashes, and so far my lashes look healthy.

Length
    waist/TB/long

Hornet,

I use only castor oil to wash my face. It cleans thoroughly on its own. I put on a wide headband that completely covers the hair close to my face. I hold the fingers of my right hand slightly cupped and held tightly together. Then I slowly pour the oil close to the end of my longest finger until the oil is to the second joint from the tip. That's enough. Then I spread it over just the insides of the fingers on both hands and then onto my face. I massage it well everywhere, then soak a washcloth in hot tap water, wring it out a bit, and massage my face thoroughly. That removes enough of the oil and leaves my face clean. My face still feels slightly oily, but I am done. A little more soaks in soon. There is still a little oil on the skin, but it acts as a wonderful moisturizer. I never have acne, and everyone comments on how beautiful my skin is which is pretty great since I am 71 years old.

I hope this helps you.
    Last edited by Deborah; October 20th, 2024 at 11:10 AM.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./74"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I've tried many different oils in my hair, none as good as plain cheap coconut oil. Castor oil, as said above, is thick and sticky. Like pomades (went thru that stage too), not good at all for long hair. Expecially not good for really long hair. Not if you value your time anyways
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    Chin/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

It's really sticky and heavy. I can tolerate a little bit of it in an oil blend, but that's about it. I once tried applying pure castor oil to my lashes with a mascara wand as an overnight treatment, and didn't have a good time.
    long hair is self care
    Chin ♡ Collarbone ♡ APL ♡ BSL ♡ Mermaid ♡ Waist ♡ Hip ♡ TBL ♡

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Never tried it, but I've tried other oils that I like to use, so I see no reason to try castor oil. Also, a deadly poison (ricin) can also be extracted from the seeds, and I don't like the association.

Length
    waist/TB/long

Yes, castor beans do contain ricin, but there is no ricin in the oil. Castor oil is entirely safe and is taken orally by many people for constipation.

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

I love castor oil! I use it for scalp massages, and also on my ends for sealing them. Also if any gets on my face, my face feels really soft and moisturized for the whole day. I always mix it with olive oil because, as everyone has said, it does not spread easily on its own.

I've also used it on my lashes and it did make them grow longer, but it was a bit of a mess so I didn't keep it up forever.
    TWA -- shoulder -- collarbone -- armpit -- mid back -- waist -- hip -- tailbone -- classic -- mid thigh -- knee

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by ETJ CURLS View Post
    Castor oil is too sticky and heavy on my hair. Worked great on my mannequin head though.
    I bought a new conditioner & leave-in the other day and never thought to check the ingredients (rookie mistake ). The conditioner has silicones, jojoba and avocado oil and worked very well for detangling, but the leave-in, upon further inspection, has castor oil in it, which is what I suspect made it feel rather drying on my hair. There was no slip whatsoever.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE