Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd reasons you want longer hair!

Oh, the humidity! woolyleprechaun's Avatar
    Length
    1inch/38/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Odd reasons you want longer hair!

To hide scarring on my back when wearing a vest top, or when naked. Also to hide my general insecurities about showing flesh. I would love to wear nothing but my hair, and still not be showing anything :P
    Now measuring in at 37 inches, or BCL. Classic by Christmas '15 is a real possibility! Yeah, that's my clothes horse in the pic. I'm that glam.
    Lady Maurelle of the Soggy Nation

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

My hair is my security blanket. I want it to be long enough I could hide behind it
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WAIST-HIP
    **Almost there!!!**

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

So that I can completely neglect it and forget about it when I'm not the mood for hair.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

To make Thor happy.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

My reason is going to sound truly bizarre. I consider myself to be black but my family is a very racially mixed one from the Caribbean and for generations a lot (not all, but most) of us have the kind of appearance where people can't easily 'place' us. I could be a lot of things from my appearance and when people first meet me their reaction is that they stare and stare and then ask 'what are you? where are you from?' This is not so bad nowadays but used to be very difficult when I was young forty years ago, when people in the U.S. weren't used to mixed race people of any kind and wanted you to fit into a clear category. It was also difficult after I married to a man who clearly looks black and had children who also look black and had people questioning my kids about why their mom looked so different from them and telling them I wasn't black. I have curly hair but when it's when its short and frizzy and not moisturized I can make it look like an afro or like what people stereotypically think of as 'afro' hair and then I don't get questioned and singled out so much as people look at your hair a lot to determine your race even when you are dark (I have dark-skinned relatives with the same kind of features I do and long type 2 hair and people take them for East Indians) and very much so when you are light-skinned like I am with green eyes.
    Anyway, maybe its because I've gotten old (56 this year) but I have got tired of worrying about what other people think and about fitting in with their expectations of what people 'should' look like. I have started to feel it is absurd to go around with frizzy and dry and unhealthy hair that I am making a lot of effort to keep that way, that people call 'natural' when it is really not natural for ME. I decided to grow my hair long, as I haven't had it since I was a child and wear it the way my grandmother, aunts and other family members always did, either in a long plait (braid) or a bun. It seems as if I will feel more like 'me' in that way. And if people want to question what I am, I don't really care anymore. I will just tell them the truth, which is that I have African ancestry that I am very proud of, and that I have other kinds of ancestry too, which is historically with the case with a lot of people where I'm from and I look the way I look, and that's it. And maybe it will stretch their ideas of the different ways people look, and the different kinds of looking people that can be related to each other by blood, which will be a good thing.
    Also, although I have curly type 3 hair, it's a 3B and 3C mixture which is a type of hair that many African Americans have, actually. And not only do many people with this type of hair grow their extremely long (my grandmother was classic length, unstretched) but other types of African American hair can grow long, too, with proper care. I don't think this is the most important thing in the world, because having short hair does not make a person less beautiful or less feminine and there are many lovely ways to style and wear shorter coily curls. However, I myself feel like having long hair at this stage of my life and am happy to be here on LHC and growing.

Length
    16.9/22/32.2
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia_13 View Post
    I guess it's not really that odd, but you know how when someone has long hair, when they walk, the hair below bsl sort of floats backwards and forwards with their steps? I want that
    hah,me toooo!

Jeno86

When I find a character I love, I tend to try to emulate them or do something physically that to me represents them, like hairstyle, nail color, jewlery and so on. I decided to grow to knee length because of the character Yuko Ichihara from xxxHolic. She inspired me in many ways so this is my way to "honor" her. I also want a braid long enough to smack people with :P.

Gallery of Yuko
    Last edited by Jeno86; January 15th, 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Because I want to grow up to be a very old lady with long hair that I will wear in a bun or loose, as I choose.
    "There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle." - Spanish Proverb
    Hip length to Pixie, now growing long again. Currently past SL, heading to APL.

Length
    Neck/APL/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    To make Thor happy.
    And Loki mad.

Length
    Chin/APL+/?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cranberrymoonz View Post
    Maybe It's not really strange, but I want my hair to flow down my back, looking feminine en beautiful^^ When I had chin lenght hair I used to feel very naked, especially when not wearing clothes. I hope It's better when my hair is about waist
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I tend to be less feminine in the way I act and look, so maybe I will feel more feminine with longer hair.
    Just a small selection of hairstyles I have done
    My Brand-new blog: http://hairdiarydash.blog.com
    Password: LHC