Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *Survey for People that have used Nature's~Gate~Likes/Dislikes/Results*

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

Default Re: *Survey for People that have used Nature's~Gate~Likes/Dislikes/Results*

Personally I love the smells, hate the products, and am none too pleased with the formulations for a "natural" brand.
    [SIGP

Length
    APL/APL/BSL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: *Survey for People that have used Nature's~Gate~Likes/Dislikes/Results*

I like their baby shampoo, really gentle, smells nice. But I do not like any of their conditioners, never made my hair feel nice. I've tried quite a bit of them and the conditioners never work out for me.

Length
    16/BSL/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I really like the Nature's Gate Chamomile S/C, with a couple caveats. It made my hair really soft and shiny, I LOVE the smell of it, and I didn't get any kind of sticky build-up like I can get with other brands. The Chamomile is supposed to be for color-treated hair, so I bought it after I had darkened my hair with chemical dye, but I noticed after a couple weeks of using it that my hair was getting progressively lighter.

Also, the conditioner was a little too thin -- it took me a good two handfuls of it to coat my shoulder-length ends. That may not have been much of a problem if the stuff wasn't so expensive (for me, on a student budget), and it may have just taken that much because my ends have been dyed a few times and are pretty dry.

I've also used the Tea Tree and regular Herbal S/C, and liked them both fairly well. It's mostly the cost that keeps me from buying Nature's Gate now.

Beautifully Birdy ShadowSwallow's Avatar
    Length
    Shldr/WL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I used to use the herbal conditioner to get henna out, but then I became allergic to the smell. It's a light conditioner (too light for my daily use), but I think it would be a good one for COing.
    "When you've suffered a great deal in life, each additional pain is both unbearable and trifling..." - Yann Martel

Length
    15 in/17 in/30 in
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Thanks everyone for all the opinions! I don't think I am going to give the Nature's Gate a try. I have actually been using Redken All~Soft, and I love it!!! I guess my hair likes cones and it seems to agree with them. Thanks again!
    *Happy Growing*

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I like NG Lemon Verbena conditioner. It is very moisturizing and "heavy".
    I suppose people with oily and/or fine hair will not like it.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I like the ones in the white bottles better than their fancier green (more expensive )ones.

Love the scent of the original herbal, but the conditioner left my hair a bit tacky. Still love the henna one- scent and everything. DH loves the tea tree one.

We have bad water so sulfates are necessary for us.
    Picture on left in front of "my" flower.
    Photo Album
    No more Mr. Nice Gaius.

Length
    22"/35"/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I know the OP has already decided, but I adore this stuff. Smells wonderful and is readily available at Sallys. That is a huge plus to me. I hate shipping charges.

Also, the conditioner is a bit runny, but I substitute with a few drops of Africa's Best Hair Oil from Wal-mart and my hair loves me.

Length
    2in/30in/term?
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

So far I used the herbal one a few times. I love the smell and it is quite thick!

I found that I need to rinse it out with other conditioner (carrots one works so far, my burt's bees didn't) other wise it just stays in.

I also used it as an overnight treatment, worked quite well.

Lets see...it has made my hair feel thicker, smoother and feels like it added some texture to my super slippery hair. I can hold updos now!!!!

For heads up also...the smell lingers long after the hair dries, at least for me.

edit:
    Just noticed that it is not fully natural...at least it seems to lack cones and parabins.
    For that...I do not think I will buy it again
    I am sure there are plenty of nice smelling, natural conditioners out there.
    Last edited by squee; January 14th, 2010 at 03:15 PM.

Banned
    Length
    20 In/27 In/thigh
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I used both Aloe Vera Condish and Jojoba Condish and loved both, but that was before the new formula. new formula makes my hair tangly and feels dry. and it not very natural. if you want something natural try seeking herbal stores they have nice and natural products but always natural might not be better. depends on how your hair reacts to the products.

just experiment, the worst thing that can happen is you won't like them and will use them for shaving or CO or use them in Deep Moisture Treatments, or in moisture spray leave in's.

the best would be your hair loves the nature's gate or other natural products.