Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hair Crack Treatment

LOL! Thanks for the answers Ya'll are hilarious.

Length
    Bob/Waist/Ankle
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I was wondering what "hair crack" was supposed to mean since this was posted, but I was afraid to ask lol. I was trying to picture cracks going through hair

45.5" - mid-thigh
    Here I Grow Again
    Amanda

Account Closed by Member Request

You guys are crazy! LOL!!!

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

hahahahaha@Hair Crack assumptions...

thanx for this anglethadiva I might try something similar to it but I am going to cut out the molasses.I have all the other oils..except Grapeseed and Avacado.Darn,I'll have to go shopping this weekend to try it.Oh well,gives me a excuse

I'm doing a SMT tomorrow night for the first time,so I'll try this in two weeks.Gives me enough time to prepare for it.
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaPanda View Post
    I was wondering what "hair crack" was supposed to mean since this was posted, but I was afraid to ask lol. I was trying to picture cracks going through hair
    My curiosity outweighs my shame every time!

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

LOL!! I thought of crack the drug when I first read it but I figured there was no way it could mean that. Too funny!

Length
    21/47.5/?
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

LOL, I completely got the crack thing - what does it say about me?

I'm slightly worried that this treatment would be too much for my hair (though it's not fine any more, thanks to henna), as I didn't have the best results with the caramel treatment either. I might just try small amounts.

Angelthadiva, do you wash it out with shampoo and follow with conditioner? CO? Just rinse well?

Type
    3b/M/C/iii

Default Do you keep the rest that you don't use in the fridge?

I would think coconut milk goes bad left out, and once you add water to honey, bacteria breed like crazy, so it would make sense to put in the fridge, but then wouldn't it solidify? I have never left coconut milk in the fridge before, I use some and then straight to the freezer, so of course it solidifies. But mixed with the other oils, and water and honey, maybe it doesn't. How long does this mixture keep?

-Shilpa

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by jel View Post
    Angelthadiva, do you wash it out with shampoo and follow with conditioner? CO? Just rinse well?
    Yes, I wash it out. I do my regular CWC routine.

I would think coconut milk goes bad left out, and once you add water to honey, bacteria breed like crazy, so it would make sense to put in the fridge, but then wouldn't it solidify? I have never left coconut milk in the fridge before, I use some and then straight to the freezer, so of course it solidifies. But mixed with the other oils, and water and honey, maybe it doesn't. How long does this mixture keep?

-Shilpa
    I have found coconut milk DOES go bad if it is opened and left in the refrig (even if it's covered)...I have not found that it's gone bad when added to the mixture.

Yes, the mixture does solidify; in the refrigerator, that's why I warm it up under hot tap water prior to using it.

I've been making it for like 3 months, and I make a lot at once...Like enough for a month of treatments (but I'm using it and so are my friends, I mean "test group")...I haven't had it go bad...As a matter of fact one friend, did NOT refrigerate the bottle (left it under her sink for 1.5 months)...I was worried that it HAD gone bad, but she said it was fine and it worked fine. I hope that answers your questions.

"Test Group" is agreeing w/the thickening agent suggestion...I agree, but have no idea what to use. I'm open to questions and suggestions!