Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Camellia Oil! (See first post for sources)

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

If you see websites that talk about oils having protein them, they are incorrect. Oils, including coconut, are 100% fat, and they have no protein. I've seen many times where almond oil is listed as having protein, but it does not, either.

I'm a huge fan of camellia oil, and it's the only one I use now. I've tried it from a couple different places, and my absolute favorite is natural japanese beauty. I notice a difference, even from other Japanese camellia oils.

Another very good one is Chidoriya. They have a lightweight oil and a heavier one.

Finally, this is not one I have tried, but it is a very good price for Tsubaki Abura (Japanese camellia oil). McClain's.

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Thanks Flaxen. That clears it up. I didn't see how oils could have proteins in them. Have you tried the Aubrey Organics Camelia oil by any chance? It seems pretty reasonably priced.

Length
    10 in/14.5/27 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i

Here's where I get mine. It's a place in Canada, but actually my packages arrive in a timely fashion and they are EASY to work with, personal service which I value highly.
    Called Cranberry Lane. I'm not sure about posting links but here goes -
    http://cranberrylane.stores.yahoo.net/

They have LOTS of things for natural and not so natural soap making, candles, etc. Also check out this one...
    http://www.naturalbeautyworkshop.com...nts/index.html

thanks yall
    'You are the master of the spoken word! Once it has left your tongue you are it's slave' -Krushchev - I've opted out of the friends program - please no requests -

Length
    10 in/14.5/27 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i

thanks for the info Flaxen. Actually it was here, at LCH that I learned about protein. There was a protien/moisture thread for a while there and miscellaneous posts on the subject. Also done some research.
    According to science, proteins are built from chains of amino acids. There are 22 types of common amino acids.
    Grapeseed oil contains a relatively high number of amino acids, for example. Linoleic, oleic, hexadecanoic & A-Linolenic are just some of the amino acids found in Grapeseed. Right now I dont have the time to research the others again, but that's enough proof from me to disagree with you.
    Seems to me that science thinks there are protiens in oils, and some oils have a higher content than others, of course in the form of long-chain amino acids.
    'You are the master of the spoken word! Once it has left your tongue you are it's slave' -Krushchev - I've opted out of the friends program - please no requests -

mother of microtrims :P
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I use Oshima Tsubaki Camellia Oil. It has also been the best oil for my hair so far. I leave oil in until the next wash and Camellia Oil stays soft and nice and oily..no weird sticky feeling, no dry ends

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by alys View Post
    According to science, proteins are built from chains of amino acids. There are 22 types of common amino acids.
    Grapeseed oil contains a relatively high number of amino acids, for example. Linoleic, oleic, hexadecanoic & A-Linolenic are just some of the amino acids found in Grapeseed. Right now I dont have the time to research the others again, but that's enough proof from me to disagree with you.
    Seems to me that science thinks there are protiens in oils, and some oils have a higher content than others, of course in the form of long-chain amino acids.
    Yes, proteins are made up of amino acids, but those aren't amino acids.

Amino acids have names like alanine, arginine, cysteine; etc. The names you mentioned are fatty acids, not amino acids. So, no protein in oils.

Mahars, no, I haven't tried Aubrey's camellia oil. If you do, I'd love to know how it works!

Quote Originally Posted by mira-chan View Post
    I use Camellia oil on and off. I currently have the Oshima one but I was using the one from From Nature With Love (FNWL) before. They finally have it in stock again. It works better on my skin than on my hair. It is ok for my hair.

Mahars - I believe this one does not have protein. Coconut oil does.
    LOOOOOOVE Camellia oil. I got mine from From Nature With Love, too. It seems to last forever. Their stuff is pretty reasonably priced and they have lots of variety I use it on damp or wet hair, mostly on the ends and length.

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I got mine from Cranberry Lane as well. I think these cheaper ones we got are from Chinese camellia trees, not Japanese ones. It works very well so I'm not too interested in buying the more expensive ones.

Length
    25/??/Term
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Why oh why did I read this thread? The PJ (product junkie) was dormant for so long. I guess camellia oil will be yet another item to add to my buy/try list.

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by carloota View Post
    Why oh why did I read this thread? The PJ (product junkie) was dormant for so long. I guess camellia oil will be yet another item to add to my buy/try list.
    Well then, our work is done here.