Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The official "No makeup or hair dye 2024" thread

Length
    buzz/CBL/MBL
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Default Re: The official "No makeup or hair dye 2024" thread

Welcome, Aerya Sorta became the same for me, a thing I 'gotta' do instead of when I used to really enjoy makeup. I feel the same about my eyes! I have slightly hooded, downturned sad puppy eyes too but I'm learning to like them.

These days are the first that I'm feeling a bit less attractive since I started this challenge, but I don't let it bother me. I look the same to me - but people are commenting negatively about the difference, especially accentuating how blonde looked much better on me. Still, I don't wanna destroy my hair with bleach or dye anymore. I may be incorporating some makeup in the future, though. I feel a lack of contrast around my eyes so maybe mascara and a brown eye pencil will come back, maybe a bit of blush to reduce the vampire paleness effect but that might be it. I'm actually happy now that I'm foundation free, my skin is clearing up and is glowy and I can touch my face with it feeling nice and not sticky or powdery.

Length
    SHL/BSL/HL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

This is a lovely thread carnelian!

It's interesting how it can be so challenging to go out into the world with a naked face. It's a lot of pressure to always have to be done up and it also takes a lot of time. This year I have been trying to wear less make-up while out in public and have found that other people don't even notice the difference. Now I feel silly to have used and continuing to use so much time and effort on it! I hope to be as confident with as without it in 2024. I'll be following along here

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

I am here as a cheerleader! I love makeup, but 99.9 % of the time I step out into the world barefaced. I applaud all of y'all who are embracing your natural selves.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    buzz/CBL/MBL
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Welcome cherrymerry and ETJ, and thank you!

It's been more than a month now. My roots are growing in but are barely noticeable because the shade of my dyed hair is very closely matched to my natural hair it seems. It is only a warmer, golden brown where my natural color is showing itself to be more of a neutral to cool tone. I'm not showing many grey hairs which kinda disappointed me but at the same time it should make growing out natural hair a bit easier.
    I introduced 3 products back into my routine: mascara, brown eye pencil and a bit of blush to add color. It's minimal makeup that makes a drastic difference to how I feel I look and I think I'm gonna stick to it. The current state is more or less like this:

I had crazy breakouts when ditching foundation, like my skin was used to it! It is now finally clearing up. Funny how our skin can get used to makeup.

I decided to do something similar last year—stopped coloring my hair and toned down the makeup. It felt strange at first, but after a while, it was refreshing to see the real me in the mirror. It’s been a couple of months now, and my natural hair color is slowly growing in.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiesoto View Post
    I decided to do something similar last year—stopped coloring my hair and toned down the makeup. It felt strange at first, but after a while, it was refreshing to see the real me in the mirror. It’s been a couple of months now, and my natural hair color is slowly growing in.
    To keep things smooth, I tried out the Virgo de Novo toning products. They worked wonders on my hair, making it look healthier and less brassy. It’s a cool journey to embrace our natural selves, and it feels good to let go of the constant upkeep.

Length
    waist/TB/long

Natural hair, natural face, just wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Simone_Fatale View Post
    Welcome cherrymerry and ETJ, and thank you!

It's been more than a month now. My roots are growing in but are barely noticeable because the shade of my dyed hair is very closely matched to my natural hair it seems. It is only a warmer, golden brown where my natural color is showing itself to be more of a neutral to cool tone. I'm not showing many grey hairs which kinda disappointed me but at the same time it should make growing out natural hair a bit easier.
    I introduced 3 products back into my routine: mascara, brown eye pencil and a bit of blush to add color. It's minimal makeup that makes a drastic difference to how I feel I look and I think I'm gonna stick to it. The current state is more or less like this:

I had crazy breakouts when ditching foundation, like my skin was used to it! It is now finally clearing up. Funny how our skin can get used to makeup.
    wow just know that u look very beautiful without makeup ! its from a 14 yo boy, so its not worth anything but still

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

I do dye my hair occasionally, roughly twice a year, but I stopped wearing makeup about 2 years ago. I never really wore very much to begin with, but I noticed that it was negatively affecting my skin. Now I only wear it for very special occasions, and then it's only eyes and lips.
    CL~SL~APL~BSL~WL~HL~TBL~maybe CL
    Mini goals: BSL braid ~ WL braid ~ HL braid ~ Crown braid

Length
    CL/CL/CBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I gave up dye in 2016. And, I wear very little make-up occasionally.