Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hair colour and hair toy colour

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: hair colour and hair toy colour

I have auburn-mouse hair

I love: gold, copper, greens, oranges, browns, yellows, warm reds, black and ivory. Favourite woods: box, yew, olive, sapele, shedua, redheart, apple, walnut, ebony, lignum vitae. Anything mossy, muddy or earthy usually works.

I dislike: cool reds, burgundy, tulip wood, holly wood (with exceptions), Purpleheart wood, most pinks, cream, pale blue.

I am undecided on mint, brass, grey, maple wood and silver.

I'm planning to henna, so these things *may* change, but I don't think they will.

bonus photo: daylight, indoors, Rain Forest Eaduard stick

Last edited by Loviatar; August 22nd, 2014 at 06:10 PM.
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Length
    13/31/Donno
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I think I'm bad at this...please people *tell me* if some toy I'm wearing looks off. I don't have the eye...
    ISO: Medium or Small leopard, border, or silky Logo ficcare
    Pixie to TBL. Cut back to waist, thinking of going shorter

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Hm, does anyone have any suggestions for colors that might look good in my hair? Pics in my avvie and sig - it's a medium golden blonde. And my skin tone is fair, but yellow-based as well.

Waist ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Knee

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I'm a little undecided on this. I think I'm fairly neutral, in that I can wear silver or gold. Mostly I just wear the colours I like (blue, purple, silver, green, jewel tones and pastels) although since I hennaed a year ago I've found a new love for forest greens! On my natural hair colour, a kind of ashy brown with lighter streaks (this photo actually makes it look slightly redder) they made it look grey.

And I'm not normally a gold person, but since I hennaed I've grown to love it more. And I love the combination of cream and gold

Though silver will always hold my heart! :

Length
    Pixie/Class/Dunno
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

My natural hair colour is really tricky. When I used to use henna, all types of warm colours would suit me, especially reds and warm pinks. As I've started growing out my natural colour, I discovered that any "warm" shade doesn't really suit me at all because my natural hair is quite ashy. The colours which suit me best are blues, cool lavender, and cool pink. I really like natural woods but unfortunately most of them tend to be of a warm shade. I'll keep wearing them anyway even if I don't think they suit my hair colour very much :P Over in the bun picture thread I posted photos of my bun with a mahogany fork, you'll understand what I mean when I say the wood works better with my warm dyed hair rather than natural hair if you have a look.

Length
    Chin/APL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Larki View Post
    Hm, does anyone have any suggestions for colors that might look good in my hair? Pics in my avvie and sig - it's a medium golden blonde. And my skin tone is fair, but yellow-based as well.
    Oo, I'm visualizing cobalt blue or maybe a bright/magenta pink. For wood... walnut?

ETA: Quasi, I think you do a great job at picking things out!
    Last edited by Scarlet_Heart; August 22nd, 2014 at 08:57 PM.
    Lady Scarlet of the Whispering Philosophes in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/Class/Dunno
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Larki View Post
    I think golden blonde is one of those hair colours which looks good with any colour!! Mossy green, pastel blue, cobalt blue, fuchsia... I think they would all look stunning

Length
    32/40/?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I think it is just what a person will enjoy wearing mostly. I see pictures that the person wearing doesn't prefer and I think is lovely. Our computer screens may not show up the color accurately either. I don't like purple so I don't wear it although I think it would look fine in my hair. Yellowish tones aren't complimentary to my grey so I usually avoid that but in real life it is better than in photos on the computer.

I am no help at all. Just wear what makes you happy. Smiles are always flattering.
    Lady Nephelai, Storm-Breaker of the Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Quasiquixotic View Post
    I think I'm bad at this...please people *tell me* if some toy I'm wearing looks off. I don't have the eye...
    I'm just like that too! I'm looking at the pictures posted here, and they all look great to me, so I guess I can't figure these things out... Oh well...

My favorite colors are blue, violet, purple... so I think I'll look for those colors for future hair toys. However, I would never be able to figure out whether they'd look good or bad... Hey, at least if something looks bad on me, I'll still be blissfully uninformed and happy! Ignorance is bliss!

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I asked. Luxe Piggy about hair toy colors during a fun time at a scarf counter. She was explaining the more subtle side of style color theory.
    Hair toys can break the "rules" color wise, that clothing goes by.
    It's more about what matches/contrasts well with/accents the hair color, with no regard to skin tone, etc.

So maybe a different metal will work in your hair than would work as a statement necklace.

For me, I typically don't have subtle toys. I have fiery red hair. Red woods disappear. Or clash, because coppery/fire reds are fickle.
    ONN has a copper swirl acrylic that blends beautifully, however.

So, I can use dark woods ebony, walnut. And light woods- holly, maple.

No purple heart, no cedar (although I have had it), no cherry.

Choosing your own requires knowing what you want- a pop of color? A subtle variation?
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.