Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is your hair making you fat?

Length
    28"/36"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default Re: Is your hair making you fat?

as sad as that article is, i actually know many females where this is true. I went to an all girl school where everyweek we did some sort of physical activity, and at least half of the girls the "HIGH MAINTENANCE, WHINY" kind would never work up a sweat, too scared they would ruin their hair and makeup... I seriously do not get this, whats the point?... And about a quarter of the girls that go to my gym are exactly the same. I can understand if you've just come from work/uni/whatever and have good hair and makeup and look kind of glamorous but then THEY STILL DONT REALLY EXERCISE....
    PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!! the cheese says PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chin length..... for now.

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

oh boy -_- ...

well it seems to be more of an issue of high maintenance hair than the length, the more time you spend styling it the more it will suck to have to pull it back, and sweat during an exercise.

Water only washes are great, that way I can go running even if I washed my hair that very same day. I just wash of the sweat with water and avoid drying out my hair with too much harsh washing.

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Isn't that why gyms have showers and hair dryers?

The author also seems to be labouring under the delusion that Chelsy Davy (who according to a quick Google Image search has roughly BSL hair) has 'ultra-long' hair.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

little hair obsessed too littlenvy's Avatar
    Length
    10"/waist/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by misspurdy06 View Post
    That is about people who obsessively iron and use a lot of product. A lot of women with long hair and esp. the women on here go all natural so it's a non-issue.
    Right!
    Plus, most of us know that its exercise that makes your hair grow faster.
    I love mixing up my oils!

Length
    chin/mbl/whip
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

To most non-LHCers anything longer than shoulder length is long, hence the term ultra long. Some one (not on LHC) was asking opinions on what she should do with her hair, and showed 3 pictures of her hair length. Her picture with 'long' hair was about APL.

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by littlenvy View Post
    Right!

Plus, most of us know that its exercise that makes your hair grow faster.
    Quoted for truth

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

I think it might be somewhat true. It's based more on the chemical styling, flat-iron obsessed types, and I've seen that IRL, and they HATE anything that means they have to wash their hair, blow it dry, flat iron it strand by strand, then go on with life.

I do hardcore workouts daily, and don't care how sweaty my hair gets. I just slather in the conditioner, rinse it, oil it heavily, then braid it and deal with the greasy hair because I'm going to wash it again at home the next morning and I figure the conditioner and oil may as well do whatever magic they do.

This article is talking about a select group: high-maintenance-hair gals who workout at gyms. My ritual is a delicious scalp massage/braided updo followed by my morning yoga practice - the one enhances the other. The health and beauty of my hair has a huge affect upon how I feel about myself; improvement in my hair has motivated me to seek improvement through care and attention to details to other areas of my life.

Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

I take several dance classes a week, and can say that my hair is the last thing on my mind! I just put it in a bun, maybe with a bit of AVG to control frizz, and get on with it. My wurlies actually look better with a bit of sweat, gross as that sounds.

Length
    16/16/26
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Maybe I'm still too new to longer hair, but I love feeling it move. Sure, tangles suck, but I find myself moving and stretching more at this time then I have in the past. (shrug)