Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: after henna wash

Length
    BUZZ/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: after henna wash

I apply liberal amounts of conditioner to help wash out the henna grit, then rinse with chamomile tea and white vinegar diluted in distilled water. I find the vinegar/tea rinse helps with color bleeding, and it enhances shine as well. I use the same conditioner to wash after using henna that I do during my normal routine, and I use the vinegar/tea rinse in my normal routine as well.
    F/ii/goodbye henna!

Length
    21/21/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

if i dont shampoo my hair after henna it smells for a while, so i shampoo it all out

Account Closed by Member Request

I use water..and lots of it. The next day I do a light oiling and don't have to wash my hair for quite a number of days. After this, I continue with my usual CO washes

Length
    22/29/42
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I CO after hennaing, since I shampoo just before I henna, so it really doesn't need to be washed again. The conditioner gets out the henna just fine.

Lady Temperance, Keeper of the Border between Night and Day in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/HIP/CLSC
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I use a ton of conditioner to get it all out of my hair, follow up with a gentle shampoo, and then extra moisturizing conditioner and heavy oil because it leaves my hair feeling super dry and my scalp doesn't like CO'ing for henna.

Lady Ardwinna of the Blessed Soil in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    I used to CO wash to get the henna mud out, then wait a day or two to shampoo. Even with lots of conditioner and rinsing there was always some henna residue left, which made my hair feel dry until I washed it again.

Now I use conditioner to get most of the henna out, then wash with a shampoo bar and condition. My hair feels much nicer using this method, and I haven't noticed any difference in how the henna oxidizes.

really? no difference at all? i like my henna to have alot of color so I've always been afraid to shampoo.

compulsive stuff-maker walterSCAN's Avatar
    Length
    15"/~TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I chose 'CO it out' and 'then wash normally', but I use such a mixture of different things, I thought I would post...

What worked perfectly for me last time was to fill a bucket with warm water and stick my head in it to start, and work as much henna out that way as I can. Then I apply liberal amounts of cheapy non-cone conditioner and let it sit for a few minutes. I rinse that out and most of the rest of the henna goes with it. THEN I use my normal amount of cheapy shampoo and rinse it out-- by then the henna is completely gone/ water is running clear. Finally I apply an even more liberal amount of the same conditioner and let it sit on top of my head for at least 5 minutes. When I rinse for the last time, my hair is gorgeously soft and comb-able! (I have a real problem with tangles, especially when using henna, so this is great!)

Length
    CHIN/APL/CL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii/iii

I CO wash my henna out. Nightshade had provided an excellent tip when henna was drying my hair out, to use honey which also helped the henna wash out quicker.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by NiAosSi View Post
    I CO wash my henna out. Nightshade had provided an excellent tip when henna was drying my hair out, to use honey which also helped the henna wash out quicker.
    I'm glad that worked so well for you!

I tend to CO out with V05's Chamomile Tea Therapy I should try that with some honey in it

Quote Originally Posted by walterSCAN View Post
    I chose 'CO it out' and 'then wash normally', but I use such a mixture of different things, I thought I would post...

What worked perfectly for me last time was to fill a bucket with warm water and stick my head in it to start, and work as much henna out that way as I can. Then I apply liberal amounts of cheapy non-cone conditioner and let it sit for a few minutes. I rinse that out and most of the rest of the henna goes with it. THEN I use my normal amount of cheapy shampoo and rinse it out-- by then the henna is completely gone/ water is running clear. Finally I apply an even more liberal amount of the same conditioner and let it sit on top of my head for at least 5 minutes. When I rinse for the last time, my hair is gorgeously soft and comb-able! (I have a real problem with tangles, especially when using henna, so this is great!)
    you are the second person who said CWC left their hair so soft. hmmmmmmmm.