Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just another newbie noob!

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: just another newbie noob!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    If I wore my hair down every day it would never, never have been able to reach this length! Bur protective styling is fun because there are so many different styles to wear, plus lots of fun hair toys to use as well. And then on the rare occasions I do wear it down it (potentially ) "wows" people.
    so how many hours a day would you say you wear your hair up? or is it always up, except when washing/treating, and then those rare occasions to shock people?

Length
    BSL/midb/hip
    Type
    1c/F/ii

You're not alone with those flyaways, this is my frizzy truth:

As Sarahlabyrinth said, they are perfectly normal, they just sometimes appear more than usual. Can be the weather, anything.

However you could try changing your sleeping habits a little - maybe change to a smoother pillow cover and/or put your hair up while sleeping to minimize the possible damage.

Your hair looks amazing! I don't see any damaged ends tbh. When did the slowing down of growth start? i've heard people say that they have different growth rates during the year, depending on the season. Maybe you're one of those too.
    natt i nord - norwegian for 'night in the north'
    BSL • Midback •
    Waist • Hip • Sacrum | 1cFii | fellow hennahead
    Back to midback!

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    so how many hours a day would you say you wear your hair up? or is it always up, except when washing/treating, and then those rare occasions to shock people?
    Yep, you got it . Always up except for maybe dinner out a couple of times a year, and when washing or drying or making hair videos. I sleep with it confined loosely in a silk sleep cap. It does make it that much more fun when I do have it down, because it's so unusual, and fun.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

In the distant past (15+ years ago), I wore my hair down pretty much all the time, except when it was hot. Then I decided to grow it super long and started wearing it up most of the time to keep it from getting caught on things, etc. One of the reasons that I got it cut as short as my signature picture was because I didn't want to wear it up all the time anymore. I wanted to be able to wear it down most of the time. Haha - joke's on me; turns out I can barely tolerate hair getting in my face and tickling my neck. So now I'm growing it out again to make it easier to put it up. Getting shoulder-length hair completely off the neck isn't easy!

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by natt i nord View Post
    You're not alone with those flyaways, this is my frizzy truth:

As Sarahlabyrinth said, they are perfectly normal, they just sometimes appear more than usual. Can be the weather, anything.

However you could try changing your sleeping habits a little - maybe change to a smoother pillow cover and/or put your hair up while sleeping to minimize the possible damage.

Your hair looks amazing! I don't see any damaged ends tbh. When did the slowing down of growth start? i've heard people say that they have different growth rates during the year, depending on the season. Maybe you're one of those too.
    ah! thank you! that is a huge compliment since, based on your other pictures, your hair is definitely goals for me, haha. we actually seem to have pretty similar textures, so i'm guessing flyaways are just the nature of the beast? i think i'm just going to try to get used to them, and let that frizz fly free.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    Yep, you got it . Always up except for maybe dinner out a couple of times a year, and when washing or drying or making hair videos. I sleep with it confined loosely in a silk sleep cap. It does make it that much more fun when I do have it down, because it's so unusual, and fun.
    thanks for responding. i'm definitely going to have to dedicate some time to learning a few protective styles. i simply dread it because of how difficult it is for me to get my hair to stay in any sort of style. it just "slips" right out of every braid/bun i try!

i'd imagine at your length you'd have to get a custom made sleep cap? or do you just make your own?

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    In the distant past (15+ years ago), I wore my hair down pretty much all the time, except when it was hot. Then I decided to grow it super long and started wearing it up most of the time to keep it from getting caught on things, etc. One of the reasons that I got it cut as short as my signature picture was because I didn't want to wear it up all the time anymore. I wanted to be able to wear it down most of the time. Haha - joke's on me; turns out I can barely tolerate hair getting in my face and tickling my neck. So now I'm growing it out again to make it easier to put it up. Getting shoulder-length hair completely off the neck isn't easy!
    short hair was a lot of fun; i actually felt like a dude 'cos of how quickly i was able to get ready in the morning. but the in between stages are definitely the worse - when your hair is still too short to fit into a tiny bun but long enough to be a nuisance!