Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for Strawberry Blondes!

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Thread for Strawberry Blondes!

Mitski helped me really appreciate my natural color last year!
    Last edited by floridaorchid; March 15th, 2021 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Image didn't insert properly
    Find me at the beach or springs wishing I was a mermaid
    SL- MBL - WL - HL - TBL - CLASSIC - FTP - KNEE

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by curlqueenjadine View Post
    Oh my gosh THANKYOU for writing so much! I only just thought to check for a reply so sorry about the delay!

What you have said is spot on! All of it. And we have pretty much exactly the same colour hair

My husband calls me a redhead but I think it's mostly due to the freckles and pale complexion. But yes, my hair turns a lot more red in the summer, the darker hair nearer my roots just hasnt been exposed to the sun yet

Hair twins! ^_^
    Solidarity! So you know how it feels to not really belong to the redhead, brunette or blond category, haha. My boyfriend also considers me a redhead. Also got the freckles and pale skin. I never identified as a redhead growing up. When I was a little kid I just called it brown, since it wasn't pure red. Some consider auburn a type of red I suppose. What did you call it growing up?
    Buzz - Pixie - Bob - Shoulder - CBL - APL - MBL - Waist - Hip

Length
    SL/SL/TL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by stardust lady View Post
    Solidarity! So you know how it feels to not really belong to the redhead, brunette or blond category, haha. My boyfriend also considers me a redhead. Also got the freckles and pale skin. I never identified as a redhead growing up. When I was a little kid I just called it brown, since it wasn't pure red. Some consider auburn a type of red I suppose. What did you call it growing up?
    (Sorry about the delay, been having a super busy few weeks)

Growing up everyone referred to my hair as auburn after it darkened a little once I turned about ten. Up until I was ten, I was bright orange and i was definitely referred to as ginger haha. My red is really starting to show up with the springtime sun. Give me a sec I'll post a photo ... x

Length
    SL/SL/TL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Epic
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I have some streaks that other people call strawberry blonde and I call orange.
    Would this be auburn, do you think? I was blonde as a kid (with red highlights), but it's gotten both browner and more red with age, even without sun exposure:

My mom is a true redhead and I have her complexion, except with an even greater tendency to sunburn.
    Last edited by Gem; April 10th, 2021 at 09:36 PM.

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

(Sorry about the delay, been having a super busy few weeks)

Growing up everyone referred to my hair as auburn after it darkened a little once I turned about ten. Up until I was ten, I was bright orange and i was definitely referred to as ginger haha. My red is really starting to show up with the springtime sun. Give me a sec I'll post a photo ... x
    Oh, okay, so you ARE a redhead, lol. I'm not a ginger, and never was. I never had pure orange hair that faded or darkened, mine has always just been reddish. I love your current color though!

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Gem View Post
    Would this be auburn, do you think? I was blonde as a kid (with red highlights), but it's gotten both browner and more red with age, even without sun exposure:

My mom is a true redhead and I have her complexion, except with an even greater tendency to sunburn.
    Maybe light chestnut? That's what I've recently started thinking of my natural color as (like very recently). I only just heard the term and looked it up a couple weeks ago, heres an example from Google: https://i1.wp.com/justsellmyhair.com...it=1920%2C2560 Yours looks kinda like mine, and I think mine is on the cusp of being auburn, but I think light chestnut is more accurate. Mine (before henna): http://imgur.com/a/du7poJF Similar?
    Last edited by stardust lady; April 11th, 2021 at 01:25 AM.

Length
    SL/SL/TL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Gem View Post

You definitely have red in your hair, I personally think it's a strawberry blonde/auburn? It's beautiful! X

Length
    SL/SL/TL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by stardust lady View Post
    Oh, okay, so you ARE a redhead, lol. I'm not a ginger, and never was. I never had pure orange hair that faded or darkened, mine has always just been reddish. I love your current color though!
    Thankyou to be honest since growing my natural colour out I've been surprised how much the sun has brought out my childhood orangeness haha, I've never really given it a chance to shine through any more than about 2 inches of roots since I started dying it in my early teens. And as you can see it's a lot more ashy nearer the roots. The sun has definitely played a part in the colour it is right now! Irony is, I've been using henna and dyes the past decade to get it to this exact colour...

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

You definitely have red in your hair, I personally think it's a strawberry blonde/auburn? It's beautiful! X
    Hmm I think you're right. I looked at more pics of chestnut hair and it looks like a rich deep brown color, not a light reddish brown. I think we're all three a shade of auburn then Now I can stop having a hair color identity crisis.

Thankyou to be honest since growing my natural colour out I've been surprised how much the sun has brought out my childhood orangeness haha, I've never really given it a chance to shine through any more than about 2 inches of roots since I started dying it in my early teens. And as you can see it's a lot more ashy nearer the roots. The sun has definitely played a part in the colour it is right now! Irony is, I've been using henna and dyes the past decade to get it to this exact colour...
    What color did you dye it as a teen? I'd love to see a pic of your childhood color if you have one you are willing to share! And yeah my roots always looked ashier than the length, ever since I was little, so I think the sun plays a factor in the color for sure. Mine was reddest when I was 21, but even then you can see the roots were more brown looking: http://imgur.com/a/oPdVXan