Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1960

Thread: No trimming club!

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: No trimming club!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    At this point, after somehow not trimming my hair for nearly a year and a half, I think I just belong here now! I used to trim my hair like every other month, and pretty drastically to where I wouldn't really see any progress, or would even take a few steps backwards, over and over! I was so scissor-happy and stressed out because I couldn't resist the urge to maintain a perfectly solid and straight hemline. I just cut and cut and let my perfectionist side totally take over, to my detriment. I finally got fed up and decided to stop cutting completely. It had to be all or nothing for me! And here I am today, with hair gracing my butt! Crazy!! Who'd have thunk

I'm very close to my goal length though, so I may start finally trimming again in order to maintain. But yeah, wow, the wonders that no-trimming has brought me! Knowing me, I never would've made it this far had I not decided on this. I also always assumed that not trimming hair meant raggedy and destroyed ends, but no! Mine have held up just fine and I don't even have thick or course hair, and didn't even pamper it or anything special. Highly recommend this! Cheers to benign neglect! The most I ever did in this department for the past year and a half was a very brief S&D every few months. Just clipped some splits and that was that! No trims
    That’s very inspirational.
    I have to admit the reason I don’t like salon is because I’m cheap and I don’t like chitchat, my mom used to cut my hair yearly but then for some reason we just don’t even bother with it during the pandemic.
    I used to think of myself as 1a as well, but now after it has passed my tbl, it is getting more and more obvious that I am 1b, and even botherline 1c, or my hair has turned semi-permanent wavy because I bun/braid 99% of the time. I mean, this is what my comet knot ponytail looks like, for inexperienced eyes, it might even look like I’ve used some hot tools and hairspray for those spirals, but no, it’s all-natural, it just looks like this after I have bunned all day with a bit of oil on the scalp and ends. I don’t even shampoo my hair anymore, the last time I shampooed was 5 weeks ago.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; November 23rd, 2022 at 03:11 AM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

While shaving my sides I got a bit of my other hair in the way so lost maybe 20-50 strands of hair to a 0 buzz T^T I can see it but others might not notice, how annoying D:

I was going to keep shaving them until the new year starts but I think I'll let them grow out now before I end up being bald

I evened it up even though I had to lose a little bit more hair but I'm not considering it a trim cause it was just a lock of hair
    Last edited by Bat; November 23rd, 2022 at 02:17 AM.

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    You know my pain! I'm trying hard to resist the urges with the rest of my hair, but my bangs and sides are another story, ive been sacrificing those evey 2-4 weeks for the greater good! But next year Im hoping to go cold turkey and leave it
    If it helps, to this day I am still sacrificing my bangs and sides ("face framing layers"). LOL. So don't fret too much, apparently it's still completely possible to grow out hair while keeping those guys trimmed! I'm glad you do it for the greater good, at least. Fingers crossed that I also go cold turkey some day with that, tbh!

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    That’s very inspirational.
    I have to admit the reason I don’t like salon is because I’m cheap and I don’t like chitchat, my mom used to cut my hair yearly but then for some reason we just don’t even bother with it during the pandemic.
    I used to think of myself as 1a as well, but now after it has passed my tbl, it is getting more and more obvious that I am 1b, and even botherline 1c, or my hair has turned semi-permanent wavy because I bun/braid 99% of the time. I mean, this is what my comet knot ponytail looks like, for inexperienced eyes, it might even look like I’ve used some hot tools and hairspray for those spirals, but no, it’s all-natural, it just looks like this after I have bunned all day with a bit of oil on the scalp and ends. I don’t even shampoo my hair anymore, the last time I shampooed was 5 weeks ago.
    Thanks so much! And oh wow. I absolutely love your hair! Those waves are to die for! I used to curl my hair with heat for this look a lot back in the day. I really admire your dedication to healthy and all natural hair. In my case, now that my hair is this long, my waves have straightened out more purely because of the weight of my hair. I don't really like the look of it but hopefully I'll figure out how to work with it! I'm not skilled at all with buns so I might try some easy ones and maybe they'll wave out my hair better

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

If it helps, to this day I am still sacrificing my bangs and sides ("face framing layers"). LOL. So don't fret too much, apparently it's still completely possible to grow out hair while keeping those guys trimmed! I'm glad you do it for the greater good, at least. Fingers crossed that I also go cold turkey some day with that, tbh!

Thanks so much! And oh wow. I absolutely love your hair! Those waves are to die for! I used to curl my hair with heat for this look a lot back in the day. I really admire your dedication to healthy and all natural hair. In my case, now that my hair is this long, my waves have straightened out more purely because of the weight of my hair. I don't really like the look of it but hopefully I'll figure out how to work with it! I'm not skilled at all with buns so I might try some easy ones and maybe they'll wave out my hair better
    I had a scare before where I buzzes off a bit of hair I wasn't supposed to, so I think it's going to motivate me to let it grow out

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Thank you very much, having long hair without bangs is so low maintenance, I am having such great fun with the ABC Hairstyle Challenge that I’ve just started my third round, I am going to test all the styles in the LHC thesaurus and record them with pictures (each one has a date and my hair info) and text instructions (I might make videos at one point but text is most likely to survive) for future generations and for myself when I hit the next milestone, maybe one day I will hit the goldilocks zone (my stickless nautilus can longer be secure on its own, and I am breaking more and more hairsticks) with many of the old styles but I can comfort myself that I’ve been there and done that. It will be my legacy.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; November 23rd, 2022 at 05:25 PM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    Short/Short/APL
    Type
    2b/F/i

I'm going to try and go a good 6-9 months with no trim, but then may need to do a VERY light trim to shape the hair well. It's currently growing out from a very short layered bob AND bangs that I just had to have. UGH!

But I'm definitely committed to not trimming for a long while. I'm going to cancel my hair appt next month because I don't have the self-control to say "just a dusting". I'm afraid I'll go in with a plan, but on impulse (and due to looking ugly with this short weird growing out look) will do something drastic again!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by EggLover View Post
    I'm going to try and go a good 6-9 months with no trim, but then may need to do a VERY light trim to shape the hair well. It's currently growing out from a very short layered bob AND bangs that I just had to have. UGH!

But I'm definitely committed to not trimming for a long while. I'm going to cancel my hair appt next month because I don't have the self-control to say "just a dusting". I'm afraid I'll go in with a plan, but on impulse (and due to looking ugly with this short weird growing out look) will do something drastic again!
    Welcome to the club!

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Welcome, you can always join the no trimming challenges too good luck growing!

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Welcome, you can always join the no trimming challenges too good luck growing!
    Indeed! Perhaps you’ll enjoy hanging out in the no-trimming first half of 2023, for example.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    SL/BSL/Class
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Hi! My last haircut was at the very beginning of September, and I've found that hairdressers tend to not know the meaning of trim. I've actually only had one good experience, where she talked it through with me first before trimming 1/4 of an inch (instead of the usual - and unwanted - two inches). I've decided no more cuts or anything, I'll just S&D if I see the need. I'd love to have fairytale ends one day! So, after all of that, I think I'm going to stay in the no trimming club for the rest of my life.