Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: What one cardinal sin do you regularly commit on your hair?!

Length
    ?/Calf/TERM!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: What one cardinal sin do you regularly commit on your hair?!

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    This had be giggling all the way through!

We all should just be enjoying our hair and not fretting about damaging it at every moment. I invite sun-highlights, twirl the ends of my braid, wash whenever I feel like it, use hot water, & brush wet. I just won’t change these ways, but I thought maybe I could stop fussing with it so much throughout the day… but nope. I brush whenever I feel like it without thought now and the changing styles just is what it is, if I need to out a helmet on, the bun has to change, if I’m sitting in a car, it has to change. The Tangle Teezer (TT) is so much more gentle than the paddle brush I was using before, so I stopped thinking about it & just be very gentle.

I have a microfiber towel turbie that I twist my hair in to absorb some water, maybe that could help? I also sit in front of a fan or use a hair dryer in cool depending on the season. I will not sleep with wet hair, and I wash at night.
    Yay! I made someone smile ...well, I assume giggling comes with a smile!

Thank you for the Towel Turbie recommendation! I was looking at those. I'll try it. Right now I'm using some "Kitsch Towel Scrunchies" from Target. After my wringing and towel scrubbing, I use the scrunchies to keep my clothes from getting soaking wet (wet clothes give me a rash :P)...and then I put a folded beach towel over my pillow (because I sleep in wet hair, too!) I do enjoy my hair, like you, though
    🐓_insert erudite quote here_🦤
    💗I'm a pink loving, bun wearing, rambling, bird person. Ta cheistanna agam!💗

Length
    BSL/Thigh/Thigh
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Not detangling very often so it gets full of knots sometimes, then it gets a bit damaged... And probably the way I brush it is not the most gentle ever
    * BSL* MBL* WL* HL* TLB* Classic* Thigh*!!

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I do wear it down but not frequently. And I use a blow drier but only a few times a year. I try to be very kind to my hair.

Hurray! I've reached tailbone length! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

Type
    2b/M/C/iii

I'm a bit too rough with the comb (including finger combing) and I have some damage in one area of my hair from my heated brush.

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

OK, I thought of one. I don't protect my hair from the sun. If it's really hot I'll wear a hat, but otherwise I don't. Maybe I should be better about that.

Hurray! I've reached tailbone length! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.