Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 7110

Thread: Classic | Fingertip | Mid-thigh | Knee

Length
    31ish/73/Term
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: The Classic to Knee Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherdess View Post

Yay! Congratulations! You have lovely hair! It's always a challenge to growing it long and keeping it healthy that way, but it certainly is worth it I think.
    Thanks Shepherdess! And sorry you had to cut your hair back, but good luck with the journey to knee again. maybe microtrimming would help? I haven't tried it yet, but people seem to think it helps keep ends thicker and is less drastic than big chops. You may already have tried that, in which case feel free to ignore me.

Quote Originally Posted by GrowingOut View Post
    I'm at about Fingertip now, so I plan to maintain at Mid-Thigh for 6 months once I have a VERY clear discussion with my mother about how that will go, and exactly the lengths and such. (My mother tends to be a bit insistent, so I plan to just have my trusty twin draw a line on my legs and tell her, "FOLLOW THE LINE. NOWHERE ELSE. DO NOT DO WHAT YOU THINK IS "PROPER". JUST THE LINE.")
    Can it be a dotted line? Then you can just tell her to cut along the dotted line, like she would with anything else.

~There is no spoon~

Length
    28/49/55/tr
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherdess View Post
    Congratulations MasCat! It's always exciting to reach a new goal! Your hair is so amazing!
    Thank you Shepherdress It's good to be here.
    I microtrimmed yesterday
    He’s taen three locks o her yallow hair,
    An wi them strung his harp sae fair.
    Listen to the music

Length
    1/48/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I'm curious, what methods of washing and care do other people at this length do? I switched to CO-washing about 6 months ago and now only have to wash twice a week. But it feels like there are not a lot of other folks past classic in the CO-washing thread. What do others do?

Type
    2b/M/iii

Wash once a month with diluted GM pink crème shampoo.
    Use MO for detangling after shampoo
    Gently detangle every day with wide tooth comb. Brush 100 strokes w bbb every day.
    Always wear hair up and braided.
    No products of any kind.
    Hair is just skimming knee length.

Length
    31ish/73/Term
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I did CO for a few months but now I'm back to CWC. I wash my hair every other day.

~There is no spoon~

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

I CO-wash every other day. During the heat of the summer that goes up to every day. I shampoo once or twice a month from the ears down with SLS shampoo to prevent build up, while still doing CO on the scalp. I don't oil very often, but when I do it is only as a pre-wash. I always follow with an herbal vinegar rinse, and use a catnip rinse as a leave in.

Quote Originally Posted by isbmlamloi View Post
    I'm curious, what methods of washing and care do other people at this length do? I switched to CO-washing about 6 months ago and now only have to wash twice a week. But it feels like there are not a lot of other folks past classic in the CO-washing thread. What do others do?
    Change is the only constant.

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    Wash once a month with diluted GM pink crème shampoo.
    Use MO for detangling after shampoo
    Gently detangle every day with wide tooth comb. Brush 100 strokes w bbb every day.
    Always wear hair up and braided.
    No products of any kind.
    Hair is just skimming knee length.
    It sounds like it's working as I adore your hair. I do a lot of what you mentioned except the bbb part and washing hair once a month. So when you say no product does it mean you don't use any leave ins or EO's or even coconut oil? I guess it's the sebum you depend on to coat the hairs hence you wash once a month and use a bbb. Hmmm I guess I'll try to wash my hair once a month since I wash my hair once a week, and I always wear my hair in a braided bun everyday thanks to my Ficcare collection. I'm still waiting until I can reach classic to use my brand new Madora ivory comb. Anyways thanks for the tips and I hope your techniques can work for my hair.

Type
    2b/M/iii

Yes, rowie, I don't use any products. Just my boar bristle brush every day.

It took me about 3 months to gradually go from shampooing every 2 weeks to once a month. I'm a believer in keeping the hair as product free as possible, since everything you put on your hair draws stuff to it...thus making it dirtier faster (depending on your environment, etc.). I cover my hair a lot too, espec. outdoors.

That being said, there's no harm either in shampooing every 2 weeks, if you find that works for you.

Length
    <2/calf/knee
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I've hit knee and I shampoo and condition or condition/shampoo/condition every other day. Every now and again I do a molasses treatment when my hair seems to be getting tangly or too dry.

Length
    <2/calf/knee
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Pretty sure I can call this knee.