Page 1585 of 1633 FirstFirst ... 5851085148515351575158315841585158615871595 ... LastLast
Results 15,841 to 15,850 of 16322

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    That's an interesting self discovery. Its nice to hear you found a outlet.

I've been thinking about urges to cut that I've seen mentioned here. I've never had much of an urge to cut length, but layers... that is another thing. I like hair that looks maintained, freshly cut layers or precision bobs. However, I feel luckily as its not a big urge for me. I just keep thinking about how I want my hair to look at BSL and beyond, I dont think layers will be helpful.
    Thank you! Im glad I found something to take away the cutting urge too. I know what you mean about wanting layers. Luckily for me, I have done it so many times and then had to cut off the thin ends because my hair is thin, that I can just go look at pictures to remind myself that I don't want them... usually. It's a great idea to imagine how you want your hair to look when it's longer, that sounds like a very helpful technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    That's great! I know I have hardly any hair left my urges to cut it further has disipated atm which is great. I just can't seem to leave my hair alone after scissors touch it. So no Scissors! I'm aiming for length over style these days, bit we will see how that changes when the new awkward stage begins

You can always get the layers when you reach bsl as a reward
    Thanks! I'm glad your urges have dissipated. I have the same problem with not being able to leave my hair alone after scissors touch it! It's like scissors are the gateway device to more and more cutting. That's why I was nervous about my trim last month. But, I set a time I can trim again in the near future(December or January) and promised myself only one trim in October. That seemed to work pretty well.

Length
    15.75/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Such great conversation about coloring and cutting urges

I'm the opposite with dye - I love my natural color and am way too lazy to dye but my grays stick out like a sore thumb against dark brown. It ages me more than the truth (late 30s) and my face, which is thankfully younger looking. I get some gentle ribbing from friends and family about the grays but I mostly just roll with it. In March, thanks to folks here, I tried henna. I liked the result but already need to find the motivation to do it again.
    These pics were about 10 years ago... Trying again from similar to that short pic.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post

Thanks! I'm glad your urges have dissipated. I have the same problem with not being able to leave my hair alone after scissors touch it! It's like scissors are the gateway device to more and more cutting. That's why I was nervous about my trim last month. But, I set a time I can trim again in the near future(December or January) and promised myself only one trim in October. That seemed to work pretty well.
    Exactly! That's how I feel, my problem is I like Change and it feels like a waste of money when you trim as there isn't much of a change afterwards to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheCity View Post

I'm the opposite with dye - I love my natural color and am way too lazy to dye but my grays stick out like a sore thumb against dark brown. It ages me more than the truth (late 30s) and my face, which is thankfully younger looking. I get some gentle ribbing from friends and family about the grays but I mostly just roll with it. In March, thanks to folks here, I tried henna. I liked the result but already need to find the motivation to do it again.
    I wish I liked my natural hair but I don't it makes me feel really bland. I was going to try and grow my natural color until apl so I can be typed but I'm not sure I could handle it being natural for 2 odd years

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Same, I love my natural color. Another reason why I don't color mine is because it's so fine and delicate and breaks with the softest touch. I'm not going to bleach it only for it to get even more susceptible to breakage.

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    Same, I love my natural color. Another reason why I don't color mine is because it's so fine and delicate and breaks with the softest touch. I'm not going to bleach it only for it to get even more susceptible to breakage.
    Me three... I'm more than happy not to dye.

I really like my natural colour. I also like that people ask if its my natural colour... like its not obviously bland natural
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

You have a nice rich brown mine was always described as mousy brown it doesn't inspire confidence

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

You have a nice rich brown mine was always described as mousy brown it doesn't inspire confidence
    I've never been a fan of the term "mousy brown". Is there really such a thing? What's another name for it- neutral brown?

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    I've never been a fan of the term "mousy brown". Is there really such a thing? What's another name for it- neutral brown?
    Ash Brown I think that cooler greyish brown

My hair is still growing, past my shoulders now a bit HOORAY!

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Ash Brown I think that cooler greyish brown
    I see... maybe like a smokey brown.